Tuesday 18 July 2023

Interview with Priceless77


Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

I was born and raised in North West London. My mum is from Newcastle and my dad is from St Vincent. I went to a couple of different schools, some of them have reputations for being rough and dangerous. I have always done music, since the age of 7 I started writing my own poems, which later developed into my own songs. Music has always been my passion, since primary school I’d be so busy writing my own lyrics that I’d forget to do my homework!


Love Music: We been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

It’s a nice feeling, but I try not to think about it too much. For me, writing music is therapeutic. I do it mainly for myself and for the enjoyment of others. I also record songs to raise awareness of ongoing real world issues, so I’m glad my songs are getting attention and raising awareness of these problems. My music motivates and educates people, so getting attention means I’m teaching and inspiring more and more people!


Love Music: What's the response you got from people for your first release 'Snakey'?

The feedback from people was great! Snakey was dually signed by two major record labels and played on the radio in many countries across Europe. It also got played in some nightclubs because of how catchy the song is! Even to this day, when I perform it, it gets one of the best reactions. It’s relatable, anyone who has ever faced disloyalty from a friend can connect to it, and sadly that’s most people! However, although it sounds like a negative song, it’s positive and educational, which a lot of fans really like as it inspires them to move on from fake friendships and leave Karma to do its work, as appose to becoming violent or dropping down to their level.


Love Music: Any upcoming release?

Yes, many! Quite a few have to remain secret for now, but I’m working on a couple of very controversial ones, one more summer song for this year and working on some collaborations too. Features is definitely something I need to do more often, so that’s under construction at the moment!


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ?

Although my first ever release was signed and my first ever music video hit over 10k views on my own YouTube channel, in my opinion, my most exciting achievement is definitely performing at Notting Hill Carnival. I love performing, it’s one of my favourite parts of my musical journey, and delivering my talent to a crowd of that size really was a dream come true! The fact it was carnival made it so much more special to me, as I’ve attended carnival since I was a little boy and I’m aware of the history of it and how much it means to many people of many different cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles.


Love Music: What’s your goal in life you want to achieve next?

My long term goal is to leave a legacy in music. I want to educate many more people through music and continue to fight for idealistic causes through my songs. I want to inspire people and prove that anything is possible. As for my short term goals, I would like to collaborate with more artists and perform a few more times this year! I’m also working on my second EP, which will be dropping next year so look out for that! 


Love Music: What motivates you to do your best work?

My daughter. My daughter motivates me to be so strong and creative. Before she was born, the majority of my songs were about fake friends, street life or betrayal. Although this may not necessarily be a bad thing and I was just rapping about my life and surroundings, since the birth of my daughter, some of my music has had a more positive touch. While a portion of my fan base love my gun, war and street songs, I’ve gained many more fans due to my optimistic music, as more people listen to music to gain a happy feeling than a negative one. My daughter has made me gain knowledge of the happy side of life, given me many more ideas to write about. She has motivated me to reach a level where I can write both positive and negative music now, therefore my music is reaching many more people as I have a song for you no matter what mood you’re in!


Love Music: Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

It started off as a hobby, However, as I started getting bigger in the scene, I realised that I should take it seriously because of how much potential I have! For example, last year I only released three songs, but my music played in 95 countries! That stat alone, combined with the facts that my first ever release got signed by a record label, my first video hit 10k views with no big channel helping to support it, and the fact that I was banned from rap battles during my time at secondary school because I was “Too good at it” all show me that I’m destined for a career in the music scene! Even though I’m taking it seriously now, it always feels like a hobby because I enjoy every aspect of it. When you do what you love it doesn’t feel like work!


Love Music: Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

I like to spend lots of time with my daughter. I also play for a Semi-Pro football team, as football has always been another main passion of mine. I like to watch football, I’m a die-hard Chelsea fan! I also like to play video games, but I’ve been so busy with other things that I haven’t played in a while!


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

Spotify - 

spotify.com/track/5kOtvy7chaD54AbWwQzcb4

Instagram - 

instagram.com/priceless.77

Youtube - 

youtube.com/channel/UCM3WmFh84AVoxDoFoRvdgRw






0 comments:

Post a Comment