Tuesday 11 February 2020

Interview with Mac-Gee

Love Music: What is your name and where are you from?

I’m Mac-Gee and I’m born and raised in Chicago IL now residing in Las Vegas NV.


Love Music: Tell us about your history as an artist.

Well I been around music my whole life my dad is a local DJ so he was always in the house spinning records and my grandmother was a singer so you cam kind of say its in my blood. I started to get involved with music when I was 8 years old but started rapping when I was 12. Growing up I played a few instruments from the Saxophone, to the Piano, but now I picked up the guitar and have been playing that for about 3 years now.


Love Music: What is the latest release you have out and where is it available?

The latest song I released is Fast as Hell which is a punk rock hip hop song. You can get this song on all streaming platforms from Spotify Apple Music tidal etc etc.


Love Music: If you had to describe your music to a potential new listener, how would you describe it?

Well I don’t like to describe my music to a potential listener I rather for them to get to know me which will help them understand my mind just a little and enough where they will be intrigued and want to just hear what I have to offer.


Love Music: What makes your music stand out from the others in today’s crowded industry?

Well to be honest I take everything serious, I pride myself on being a great lyricist having outstanding concepts and also creating music that I love and like. I use to try and make the music that was popular but it never sounded right to me and never resonated with people well so when I stopped chasing their sound and focused on my own sound thats when I realized I have something unique and new to give to the industry, it may not catch on right now but I know it will be noticed sooner than later.


Love Music: Who is your favorite artist?

I have a lot of favorite artist but if I’m only able to pick one I would have to be Lil Wayne, reason being is that Lil Wayne is so creative and he never did what people expected him to do you think he’s going right then he makes a sharp left turn his work ethic is unmatched and his drive to succeed is sometimes scary so yeah I would defiantly pick him.


Love Music: Do you think an artist needs a record label in today’s business?

No not at all the way technology is set up an artist can be successful without a label but then you have to figure without a label you have to put in way more work and invest way more of your personal money to make things go the right way but no a artist in today's game doesn’t need any labels.


Love Music: What do you hope to achieve through your career as a musician?

Well my main goal I want to achieve is being able to vent through music but also my venting assisting someone else in getting through tough and hard times. I also want to be able to give my parents everything they want to be honest I’m not a person who thinks about self a lot of course being financially stable is always a goal and being acknowledged and rewarded for my works is a must but I want the ones around me to reap the benefits a lot more and touch as many lives as possible.


Love Music: If you could collaborate with anyone alive or from the past, who would it be and why?

Wow that is a great question to be honest I would have to say one of my guitar idols Prince, he was truly ahead of his time he was a guitar god and he played like 11 to 15 instruments he produced all his own music and it was flawless. I know working with him I would honestly learn so much from him and be able to use it in my music and be able to create masterpieces just like him.

Follow on Social media: 
instagram.com/macgee22

Song: 
www.smarturl.it/macgee






0 comments:

Post a Comment