Wednesday 19 February 2020

Interview with The Man Called KNIGHTRO

Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education etc. ??

First off, I am the man called Knightro, and I hail from a small town in Mississippi named Brookhaven. My background is pretty much like everyone that was raised in the South, you dig? I was raised in the church, I grew up on Gospel music. Also, with a bit of soul, blues, and hip-hop. I graduated high school in 2005, and right before I graduated, I made it up in my mind that I had wanted to pursue a career in music.


Love Music: We been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

It feels pretty awesome, you dig? It’s like the old saying: hard work pays off. There’s been a few bumps in the road here and there, but throughout the past five years, I’ve just been grinding continuously, you feel me?


Love Music: Any upcoming project ?

I have an EP that’s coming out on February 28th entitled “King In My Own Rhyme.” It will be available on digital platforms. I’m currently working on a collaborative project with another artist by the name of Le’Trae (who’s actually my cousin). And I’m also working on another album. Both of those projects, hopefully, will be released this year.


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ?

As of right now, just putting out singles and projects, you dig? I’m also thankful for the fact that there are people out there that is listening to our music, and they are also reaching out to us saying that they are digging our jams. I find that as an accomplishment itself, but it’s just the beginning.


Love Music: What’s your goal in life you want to achieve next?

As I launch my own company (Word Lyfe, Inc.), I want to network and find some outstanding talents out there. Once I feel like they have a shot at success, then I can sign them to my label/brand. Acting has also been on my mind, so that’s still in the air.


Love Music: What motivates you to do your best work ?

Every artist needs some sort of inspiration, you know? On my end, my inspiration can be coming from current events, the stuff that I see around me, and more. Yet I believe that lately, most of my hardest materials have come from issues that I’ve dealt with in the past. Nonetheless, everything that I create comes with great results.


Love Music: Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

It’s been a hobby of mine as a child on to my early twenties. Then, it was a couple of years later when I decided to make it into a career.


Love Music: Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

Whenever I get some free time on my hands, I chill to myself most of the time. I catch up on some reading, exercising, and meditating. And there are times when I hang out with family and friends, you dig?


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

To everyone that’s down to link up with me, they can follow me on these accounts:

Facebook: @knightro05 (personal)
@tgcknightro (business)
Instagram: @knightro703
Twitter: @tharealknightro
Email: knightro05@gmail.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment