Wednesday 7 September 2016

Interview with Dotti J - A Famous Singer/Songwriter, Dancer & Entertainer


Dotti J is a American singer-songwriter, dancer, and entertainer from the small town of Tequesta, Florida. Her music has been played on multiple international radio stations ranging from Europe to Indonesia. She has been featured in UK's Beat 100 Online Magazine which touts her as the new upcoming artist to watch out for on the Pop/Dance music scene.

Check out the interview :




Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education etc. ??
 

Dotti J :

I am a singer, entertainer and songwriter out of Florida who has been dancing since the age of 3. I am the youngest of my siblings and the only one who made a career out of music and entertainment. I was extremely focused in school and got good grades so most of my family thought I would pursue medicine or law. I was a natural  athlete growing up so I played nearly every sport at one time or another, but eventually gave them all up the busier I got with dancing. I had scholarships to multiple colleges for golf and eventually decided to attend UCF in Orlando, Florida! 

Love Music : We been watching you and been hearing a lot about you and your work from plenty
people we notice you're starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?
 

Dotti J :

First off thank you for that!  I am extremely  grateful to hear you say those things. It feels pretty surreal at the moment.  I’ve always wanted to make a difference and to share music, love, and a message with the world, so  the fact that people are starting to hear about me and my music feels incredible! It is  kind of unexplainable at times. I am very excited to build a fanbase all over the world and be able to connect with my fans and share moments with them.

Love Music : And what you say about your first single “That Girl” ?
 

Dotti J :

It is still to this day one of my favorite records I have done. There is just something about the song and the whole experience writing and recording it that just stays with me. It’s definitely a female anthem for sure because it’s just talking about being that badass chick in life and for her man. Someone that can elevate people to another level and hold them down when they need it the most. It is a positive song and a cool message for the ladies to feel and own.

Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as a Singer & Songwriter ?
 

Dotti J : 

Just staying true to myself, being honest about my thoughts and feelings and having a good time with it!  I like to write about things that I have or are currently experiencing. I tend to just let my lyrics and music be my way of getting my thoughts out and most people can relate in some way or another.

Love Music : You are featured in UK's Beat 100 Online Magazine, as the new upcoming artist, so what is
the secret behind your success & popularity ?
 

Dotti J :

Oh wow, I am not sure what my secret is really! For the success part I would say I have just worked really hard at my craft and never gave up. Everytime I dance, perform, or sing it’s from the heart. It is my way of just living for the moment and leaving it all on the stage. I’m thankful for the talents I have been given and I just try and use them everyday to take full advantage of them. I’m so grateful to be able to entertain others and do what I do. As far as my popularity goes, I just like to be open as an artist and I’m never out of reach to my fans. I feel people appreciate that and can relate to me. I hope people can see my heart and passion in what I do and how humbled I am by everything I have been able to experience.  I try to bring new things to the table as an artist and try new things all the time. I never pretend to be something I am not and I think people can see that genuineness.




Love Music : At what point did you decided to become a dancer & entertainer ?
 

Dotti J :

I started when I was 3 years old to be honest and I always said I wanted to do it as a young child but I think it really really hit me when I went to my first concert. I remember looking at my mom and saying “THAT is what I am going to do, that is what I am suppose to do!”

Love Music : What are you working on now and where do you feel your music is headed?
 

Dotti J :

I am currently writing and recording more music while I am in rehearsals for my show. I am so ready to get out there and perform with my dancers that I can’t wait! The music I tend to lean towards the most is just hard hitting dance music bc it allows me to be able to incorporate a show into it all. I really just write and make music that I feel in that moment...whatever comes out creatively, I just go with it.

Love Music : What are your future plans to singing & songwriting ? Your vision for the coming years.
 

Dotti J :

In the future I would love to continue to write not only for myself, but  for some other artists as well. I love collaborating because it’s such a cool thing to be able to feed off of other people's creativity and energy while you are vibing out. I have created my own publishing company so in my future I would love to be able to help other people get their music out there and be behind the scenes supporting them on their journey. I will definitely continue to sing and perform because that is part of who I am, I want to travel the world and build a relationship with people through my music. Music is a language that connects us all in some way or another and I feel that it is so powerful.

Love Music : How's your feelings when you danced on MTV for the music video "Fire It Up " at the age
of 9 ?
 

Dotti J :

It was probably one of the coolest things ever! I was 9, so at that time in my life I felt like I was on top of the world! It was the first big thing that had happened to me as a performer and I remember being away from home and going to rehearsals and being the youngest one on set.  I remember just hitting that stage and just getting lost in the music, I was dancing so hard! Being in that situation helped me see how to be professional at a young age. It was such a memorable experience and I still have the MTV jacket to this day! When I returned home I felt like the coolest kid ever!

Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?
 

Dotti J : 

I love to go to the beach! I will listen to the waves and then pass out in a deep sleep! I also enjoy spending time with my close friends and family so whenever I go home and hang with them we love to play golf. I like to just have fun and enjoy all different activities! I am a big kid at heart so I love to play sports and games. Then there are times I just want to read a great book, hang with my dog, and be in silence to just take everything in.

Love Music : How can people find you and follow you online?
 

Dotti J : 

 On Facebook :

@OfficialDottiJ


On Instagram :


@dotti_j


On Twitter :

@_DottiJ


&

On YouTube :

thedottij

0 comments:

Post a Comment