Friday 24 June 2022

Interview with Dorenda Wynnette


Love Music: We have heard a lot about you, how does it feel to be getting so much attention?

I’ve been away from the music industry for years, so I am flattered that I’m gaining so much attention this fast. I basically have to start back at the bottom as an artist because I’ve been away from music so long. I hope to grow my fan base as I begin releasing more music.o


Love Music: How long have you been passionate about music?

I’ve loved music since I was a young child singing in the church choir. I continued singing throughout my teens in the school choirs. By the time I was in my early 20s, I was writing and recording my own music. I think my passion is for entertainment in general. I was also a swing dancer in middle school and studied drama in high school. When I was younger I was a cheerleader as well because I thought it was fun and entertaining lol.


Love Music: Has your passion for entertainment ever made you consider auditioning for movies?

It’s funny you ask, as I am very interested in testing the waters of the movie industry. I’ve been doing a lot of research to find out how to get auditions, an agent, and the types of roles I should audition for. I might give acting a shot next year. Right now, I am focused on music and books. 


Love Music: What motivates you during the process of writing your songs?

I could hear someone say one interesting word and it sends me into the zone of writing an entire song lol. Sometimes when I’m lying in the dark trying to fall asleep, I get song ideas and turn on my phone to write the lyrics in the notepad. The next song that I’m releasing after “I Am Free” was actually written on my phone and in the dark.


Love Music: Can you please tell our readers about your latest release “I Am Free”?

“I Am Free” is a song that I wrote for my personal listening pleasure but decided to share it with the world. I actually freestyled most of the lyrics and focused on singing a powerful chorus. I figured it was the perfect song to release as I venture back into the music industry. The song represents me overcoming years of trauma and depression that held me back in life. The full story behind the lyrics can be found on my website in the blog section. 


Love Music: Do you have any upcoming projects?

Yes, indeed. I have several songs coming out over the next few months. I also intend to finally publish two of my books that fans of my writing have been waiting for. My next song after “I Am Free” is scheduled for release in July. It’s very upbeat and fun to sing. 


Love Music: Do you intend to go on a music tour for your fans?

I would love to travel around performing! I’m fresh back into the industry at the moment, so my focus is on regrowing my fan base. 


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far?

When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a professional writer and publish my own book of poetry. I even chose the name for the book in my teens, “A Spice of Life”. I accomplished my goal of being a professional writer in my early 20s, and it has been a very lucrative career that has given me the freedom of being my own boss for most of my adult life. As for the goal of publishing my own book of poetry, I was offered a book publishing contract over a decade ago and my dream of publishing “A Spice of Life” became a reality. I feel very accomplished as a writer, which is why I’m focusing more attention on music now!


Love Music: Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

I’m usually working on creative projects or business ideas in my free time. I’m passionate about everything I do, so never need a break. I also love to read, travel, and lately I’ve been obsessed with doing HIIT workouts in my free time.


Love Music: How can people find and follow you online?

Visiting my website is the best way for everyone to find me. All of my social media platforms are on my website at www.OfficialDorenda.com





0 comments:

Post a Comment