Monday 11 April 2022

Interview with Tiziano Spillari


Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, passion for music, etc.? ?

When I was a child I was given a harmonica that I used to play by ear to the songs I heard on the radio and I also had a great passion for whistling with which I was able to invent melodies for hours. My mother, a sensitive person, opened the doors of music to me by starting me on the piano and enrolling me in the Cecilian School of Sacred Music which prepared students for the piano, the liturgical organ, Gregorian chant as well as giving a solid theoretical and harmonic foundation. Later I approached the singer-songwriter music learning to play guitar as a self-taught. Later I played in some bands as a pianist playing rock 'n roll blues. I was in my twenties in the eighties and synths were available to everyone and gave rise to the search for new sounds. I consider what was considered progressive rock in general to be the music of the 70s and 80s. My passion for American musicals brought me closer to swing music and therefore to jazz harmonization. In the past I have also composed music for the theater and songs for children that perhaps in the near future I will publish. Now I live with my wife and some pets in a house that I consider our little castle, located in an isolated clearing at the edge of the woods. It is here that my passions are born and cultivated. 


Love Music: We've heard a lot about you, so we've heard a lot of attention that you're starting to get, how does it feel?

Undoubtedly it feels good and I thank those who expressed themselves in a favorable way after listening to my first album. As a pianist and arranger I have always been the second line compared to the more visible musicians on stage, guitarists and singers, therefore less visible and less involved in the direct relationship with the audience. Now that I'm directly responsible for my own self-production, both of the musical composition and of the writing of the lyrics of my songs, I feel I have to give to the audience that follows me a quality product, without losing the pleasure of making music following my sensibility, exploring different genres without the constraint of a limiting cataloging.


Love Music: Can you tell our readers more about your album?

The album "Fuori tempo massimo" is a collection of 12 tracks conceived within a unique thread: Time, and in particular that particular condition of life that makes us feel out of time. This is a way of saying that is used in sports when the athlete is not within the time allowed to perform a sporting event. In addition to this is also the feeling that we live when we think we are no longer able to support, for various reasons, the competition of life with its high standards of reference that tend to exclude those who do not conform to them. In the album appear a series of characters that I have known and situations of our time to which I wanted to express my closeness, sometimes in a hopeful and disenchanted way in others with a bitter and strong condemnation.


Love Music: Any upcoming releases?

Yes, I'm going to publish through my distributor a Swing song dedicated to the period in which I played with F.U.C.K., a rock'n roll band of which I was the pianist. In the song I refer to an 850 spider, a car that some members of the band used to get into, without being real participants, the "Mille Miglia". A race for vintage cars that crossed the center of our city between wings of the crowd. Other tracks that I have already recorded of the same musical genre will follow shortly.  They will be light-hearted tributes dedicated to a period of my artistic life to which I am very attached. Now I'm working on the next album that will be released at the end of the year.


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far?

Certainly it has been exciting to see the result of a very hard work lasted almost a year, published on most of the media platforms and appreciated by many listeners that I thank with much affection.


Love Music: What is your goal in life that you want next?

Goals inspire you to be more efficient and effective in your work. I think that conditioning and looking at one's life through a goal is limiting and makes one miss part of the landscape around us and limits the opportunities we could experience . In this particular passage of my existence I want to pause and be part of things and absorb the intimate message to enjoy the moment, the encounters that happen along the way, without the obligation to arrive at a goal in an imposed time or prove something to someone. If I have to define an objective with regard to my musical production, I believe it is to share through songs my journey made of reflections, ideas and emotions with those who listen to me. Fundamentally create the environment for an encounter.


Love Music: What motivates you to do your best work?

I feel like an artisan of music that with extreme patience and care provides his artistic qualities in order to create objects, in this case songs, with the ambition that they become common heritage. It is always a source of pride when an idea takes shape and life of its own and everyone can interpret it and make it his own.  


Love Music: Did you choose this industry as a career or as a hobby?

Let's remember that one of the reasons that jokingly brings us back to the title of the album is my age, I'm not exactly a young man of the century. So I wouldn't talk about a career or a hobby, but a necessity. For me, expressing myself through music has always been a daily moment that I dedicated to feel at peace and in balance. Now I've decided it's time to share this personal inner dialogue with others and make it public through my songs. 


Love Music: Everyone needs a break. What do you do in your spare time?

A castle, even if small, needs continuous maintenance and care of the garden, and together with my wife, who is passionate about flowers, we share this commitment with passion. In addition to this, our two dachshunds and a Siberian feline accompany our days outdoors. Yoga, reading and long bike rides 

complete our daily entertainment. 


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

I have a youtube channel in my name where you can find movies and songs.

In addition to this Spotify, Apple music and other multimedia platforms.


0 comments:

Post a Comment