Thursday 20 July 2023

Interview with Kïmera


Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

I’m from Memphis, TN. I started making music at a young age. My mom forced me into voice lessons at a young age but I didn’t really like them. I wasn’t after that choir boy sound. After hearing Billie joe from Green Day’s voice. I eventually moved to New York to go to school but eventually dropped out to pursue a degree in music production. Life had other plans however with the school closing due to the owner choosing to put his energy and money into his addictions rather than the instructors paychecks. Although I left New York with out a degree I learned some pretty valuable life lessons that no text book could ever relay.


Love Music: We been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

It’s much appreciated but not at all what I expected. When I first started 100,000 plays was what it poked to be famous in my eyes. I saw artists like Tyler the Creator achieving it and thought that was the pinnacle of success. Once I reached it though my bank account was still dismal. Today my idea of success has evolved past a number of plays. It’s more so a sense of stability: passive income, being able to travel, feed my family, those sorts of things.


Love Music: Can you please tell our readers more about your latest release?

‘Resurrection’ I’ve really begun to realize how my genre or songs I’ve made in the past can cradle depression. Resurrection is a call back to my original writing methods of the lyrics being more simplified. Subconsciously I also draw from my interest in theology. This was actually the first degree I pursued but decided it was more of a hobby or interest rather than a career for me. But anyways the song kind of aligns with the idea of the crucifixion and resurrection and how that can symbolically play out in daily life. The idea came to me while heavily intoxicated and working on a different beat with obey the scene and sylum gone and in an instant the idea came to me. That’s usually how an idea will hit, just in a moment without consciously trying to pull it out. It was honestly a spiritual moment for me.


Love Music: Any upcoming project?

I’m working on an EP (companion piece) to the last EP I did. I also have a trilogy I’ve been thinking about, with a single coming out soon, to be announced. I’m getting back to my punk rock roots but with an emphasis on overcoming challenges rather than a self loathing focus.


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ?

When I think back to getting in touch with prettyheartbreak with my best friend and godfather to my son kid amateur to make Gold Things. This song is a reminder for me that lyrics read like a cliché music documentary. Come up, come down, realization, reunion. We made it all in house, shouts out to Kid A for the guitar and beat. Another moment I have to mention was getting to meet YvngCrow person when he came down to Houston for a show after knowing him on SoundCloud for years and then joining Sylum Gone for features on Escape (music video coming soon lol)


Love Music: What’s your goal in life you want to achieve next?

To own a liger.


Love Music: Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

I went into music as a career. I’ve always been really into music my whole life. It's my lifesource. After dropping out of The King's College theology program in pursuit of a music production degree I made my mind up that there wasn't any other options.


Love Music: Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

Now that I’ve healed from some pretty brutal recent injuries I’ve enjoyed going to the gym, getting back into jiu-jitsu and hanging out with my dog and girlfriend. Also, I love designing clothes for my friends and for myself.


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

Kimera.blue





0 comments:

Post a Comment