Saturday 6 August 2016

Interview with JT Cotton - A Multi Talented Singer/Songwriter


Love Music recently interviewed an famous R&B Singer & Songwriter JT Cotton, who has been blessed with gifts of love, music, and motivation. As a Recording Artist, He has been able to touch and gain thousands of fans from all around the world. And JT is someone that lives and breathes music.

Check out the interview :

 

Love Music : Let’s talk a bit about your work as a artist and what is the secret behind your success ?

JT Cotton :


 Without God nothing along my musical journey would have been possible. He is the “secret” and the fire in every song I’ve written, every song I’ve sung, and every place I’ve performed.

Love Music : What hidden talents do you have?

JT Cotton :


 I’m a good listener and a very fast learner.

Love Music : What are you working on now?

JT Cotton :


Well, I just released my debut album “Back To Love Making” EP. While currently writing new songs and selecting new music productions for the next project. I’m also putting my band together for some things I’m working on for next year.

Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as a musician ?

JT Cotton : 


The people. Being able to touch their hearts with my God given musical message.

Love Music : If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?

JT Cotton :


 I would have to say Australia. I get a lot of support and fan emails from there, so I would love to perform there. 

Love Music : What's your fav. Song?

JT Cotton : 


Sorry :) I have to cheat on this one and give you my two favorites. Which is “No Greater Love” by Fred Hammond and “Say Yes” by The Whispers.

Love Music : Who are your musical inspirations?

JT Cotton : 


 Well coming up my parents played a lot of old school R&B and their musical taste spilled over on me :). So I would have to say The Whispers, Peabo Bryson, Luther Vandross, Marvin Gaye, Freddie Jackson, Anita Baker, and The Temptations.

Love Music : Where would you most like to perform?

JT Cotton : 


Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Love Music : Do you set goals for yourself and how do you do that?

JT Cotton :


Yes. I set goals and take it one step at a time. Making sure things are done efficiently and effectively. Most importantly if I don’t know something I get the resources to educate me.



Love Music : Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional musician/producer as a
career?

JT Cotton :


I would say these 3 things. 1) Educate yourself on your craft. 2) Find mentor(s)/teacher(s) in that area that has or had success. 3) Live what you learn while being disciplined and consistent through YOUR journey.

Love Music : How can people find you and follow you online?

JT Cotton : 


You can go to www.numberonemusic.com/jtcotton and also subscribe there to my bi-weekly updates. Social media wise you can follow me

on Instagram 


@iamjtcotton

and Twitter

@iamjtcotton

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment