Friday 9 September 2016

Interview with Smokii Smalls - A Indie Hip Hop/Rap Artist

 Love Music recently interviewed a indie hip hop & rap artist Smokii Smalls, his real name is Eddie Repper and his friends call him Smokii. He has been making music for a little over a year now. He mainly make beats but decided to try rapping for fun. Recently he dropped his latest single with his homie Sutshi. He wanted to make a song about his Mom who passed away 3 years ago. When he told Sutshi he loved the idea and they started working on Mamma that same day.

Smokii Smalls says : " I played the trumpet when I was younger, and I always wanted to play the drums. I put music down in 9th grade and a year ago my brother started making beats. He got me interested and I haven't stopped since then. I figure music is like anything I do that I love. " He adds : " If I love it I succeed at it as long as I keep going, and trust me I'm not stopping anytime soon. Currently I'm learning percussion and piano. I honestly love the piano more sometimes haha. "

Check out the interview :



Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education etc. ??
 

Smokii Smalls : 

 I grew up in Cocoa, FL. I started playing the trumpet in 6th grade and the summer before my 9th grade year I decided to stop playing music and get into sports. Lets just say I should a kept the trumpet.

Love Music : Who are your musical inspirations?
 

Smokii Smalls : 

My musical inspirations would definitely be Bob Marley, Nas, J. Cole, Eminem, Beatles, and Felly. I grew up listening to most of them my whole life, besides Felly. Found him almost 2 yrs ago and he is just a really inspiring person.

Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as a Singer ?
 

Smokii Smalls : 

My life. I want to show my daughter no matter chase your dreams, because you only live once and you don't want to wake up one day thinking dang I could have took that chance.



Love Music : What are you working on now and where do you feel your music is headed?
 

Smokii Smalls :  

Currently I'm trying to finish my second beattape called Money, but once that's finished I plan on working on a little mixtape. I'm 22  and I'm not sure where my music is heading, but I can say its heading in a good direction and I'm along for the ride!

Love Music : At what point did you decided to become a Hip Hop/Rap artist ?
 

Smokii Smalls : 

I decided to become a hip hop artist when I made my first beat-tape. My first beats were badly mixed and were not all that great. I realized though I actually put a lot of time and work in to my music and could see the growth I made on each new beat. So I decided to take this music thing serious and now my soundcloud has a total of 4,163 plays which Im proud of.

Love Music :  If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?  

Smokii Smalls :

Haha I would love to perform at the Music Awards, but honestly I just want to perform on a stage anywhere. Give me a few months though and Ill be on stage.

Love Music : What are your future plans to singing ? Your vision for the coming years.
 

Smokii Smalls : 

I plan on getting my first mixtape started, and then it's hit the stages and work on more songs haha. I'd like to do some sort of mini tour once I have my first mixtape.

Love Music : How's your feelings when you first time make beats and rap?
 

Smokii Smalls :

Lost, not sure where to start, atleast when I first made beats. I really didn't know anything but then youtube became my friend. Now my first Rap was Smoke in the Air. I really just wrote that off the top of my head. I was angry at a friend who had flaked off, so I said screw it Im gonna focus on me, and I sat down and thought about this girl I used to hang out with when I worked on the otherside of Jacksonville. Bam my first rap was made.

Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time? 

Smokii Smalls : 

I party a lot with coworkers, chill, smoke, and freestyle with Sutchi in the Studio. Most of it is spent at a bar after or in the studio though.

Love Music : How can people find you and follow you online?
 

Smokii Smalls : 

You can find me on Facebook, Instagram , Twitter , or my website www.smokiimusic.com .

0 comments:

Post a Comment