Monday 21 September 2020

Interview with Sandra North | Country Singer/Songwriter in LA


Sandra North is a swedish singer/songwriter and release country music together with her guitarist. She just released her third single on July 17th called ”You”.

We had a great chance to talk with this famous LA based singer/songwriter about her latest released single "You", her music passion, upcoming projects and much more. Read this full interesting interview here:


Love Music: Can you please tell our readers more about your life, your background, education, your music passion etc.?

I’m an LA based singer/songwriter and I write and release country/pop songs. I was born and raised in Sweden but always knew I wanted to come here to America. Music and singing was always my biggest passion too but it took me a while before I started doing that professionally. I have an AA degree in Music and Event planning back home in Sweden and used to book artists for festivals and such for a few years. I also worked at a hotel for quite long before I decided I needed to go after my dreams. The second I came to LA, in 2015, I started networking and created my own band and eventually started writing my own songs. 


Love Music: Can you please tell us more about your latest release "You"?

“You” is a sweet summer love song with happy warm emotions that will hopefully put a smile on peoples faces. It’s written for someone very special to me and it’s about that moment when you realize everything has changed. 


Love Music: Any upcoming project?

Yes! Many of them. First up is the release of my music video for “You”. We recorded it in August so it will be out very shortly. Stay tuned for the release date! I’m also finishing up some songs together with my songwriting partner and producer Juan Abella, that will complete my debut EP. We’ll hopefully have it out by the end of the year. 



Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ?

There’s been so many exciting and unreal moments that I never thought I’d get to experience. To a new artist there are many new “firsts” that completely blow you away. The first time I heard my name on the radio, the first time they played our songs, the first time I introduced my own song on the radio or the first live interview with a radio station to name a few. There’s also that first time someone tells you they connect with a line in your song, the first time a fan writes to you, the first time you see someone singing along to your lyrics. The rewards are endless and I’m so thankful. We’ve also gotten to play at some pretty iconic venues and gotten one of our songs nominated for two music awards. Getting to record my own music videos were also a lifelong dream of mine and so amazing to get to experience. 


Love Music: What’s your goal in life you want to achieve next?

I would love to start playing country festivals next summer! It’s a big dream of mine and I always push myself forward to reach for my next goals. Playing more around Europe and Scandinavia and hopefully at bigger festivals feels like a natural next step. I also really wanna visit Nashville and check that off my list! Been dying to go for so long, to network and meet more fellow country musicians and also get to play my songs. Hopefully next year! 


Love Music: What motivates you to do your best work as a singer?

I’m a perfectionist in general so I always wanna do my best in everything I do. Especially when it comes to singing and completing my songs. I will always keep pushing and challenging myself in order to become an even better songwriter and singer. 


Love Music: Your favorite Singer?

There are many but I would have to say the ultimate favorite one would be Christina Aguilera. 


Love Music: Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

I love to hike! Especially here in the beautiful city of LA and the Hollywood Hills. I also enjoy cooking and spending time with family and friends. Miss my little kitty back in Sweden also, I’m such a cat person! Besides that I really love movies and dancing as well. 


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

You can find me on any platform of your choice. Please follow my Instagram and Facebook as those are the most current updated ones where I post on all the activity and events going on. Also make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and website, and follow on Spotify for all the latest music and upcoming releases! 







1 comment:

  1. I am also a music lover on smartphones. I usually use phones with good sound quality to listen to music. It is very convenient and can be used as a ringtone on the phone rrr tone.

    ReplyDelete