Friday 21 October 2016

Interview with Famous Swiss Recording Artist Milow the Girl

Love Music recently interviewed Milow the girl (Sylvia G) who is a Swiss singer songwriter , animal lover& activist signed to US based label Realize records.

Check out the interview :





Love Music : Let’s talk a bit about your music and what is the secret behind your success ?
 

Milow the Girl :

My music, I think is a patchwork of the sounds, the songs I liked and listened to along the way, with a little touch of myself. My personal experience with love, with friendship, with loss, my sadness but also my moments of happiness, my questioning.

Love Music : How's your feelings when you received the award of Best European Singer at the LA Music Awards ?
 

Milow the Girl :

OMG It was totally unexpected I was obviously very happy. I also performed at the Whisky a Gogo in LA that night, my first gig in the US!

Love Music : At what point did you decided to become a singer ?
 

Milow the Girl :

I never thought I could or would sing. I have no musical background. As a kid I wanted to become a vet and save all the animals on the planet or be an astronaut. The idea of travelling into the unknown always fascinated me, I had a vivid imagination. Singing only came much later.

Love Music : Please tell us about your new CD " Dreams " and where do you feel your music is headed?
 

Milow the Girl :

I think that we forgot how to dream. We live on a fast track, the world has changed so much there is so little left for Dreams. Children have this wonderful ability to dream, they live in a world of fantasy without boundaries were nothing is impossible. An unlimited imagination. I guess that we lose this ability as we become adults. We all have some kind of dreams inside our hearts inside our heads, we just need to learn how to open the windows again.

Love Music : We 've been hearing a lot about you and your work from plenty people we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?
 

Milow the Girl :

I am very grateful. It gives me the chance to share not only my music with more people but my passion for animals and my fight against animal cruelty and I think that there is nothing better than music to do that.

Love Music : Did you choose the music industry, as a career, or as a hobby?
 

Milow the Girl :

The music industry is a tough world but I guess that everything is challenging when you want to be successful. It was a hobby I had at first that turned into a passion. I do not think that you can decide that music will be a career. Art and singing is something that is more abstract, it happens or it doesn’t

Love Music : Tell us about your achievements as a Famous Swiss artist ?
 

Milow the Girl :

Switzerland is my country where my heart is. We have so many talented Artists and a number of really great music festivals. I was lucky to perform twice at the Montreux Jazz Festival. I hope that there will be more opportunities for me to perform in the future. The label I am signed to is based in the US and the band as well so it’s sometimes a bit complicated distance wise.

Love Music :  If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?
 

Milow the Girl :

I would love to perform at Coachella and we are working on a full US tour.

Love Music : What are your future plans to singing ? Your vision for the coming years.
 

Milow the Girl :

I would like to be more involved in the fight against animal cruelty, puppy mills and against the fight of the trade of dog meat in Asia. I think that music is such a great way to convey a message. I want to raise awareness on some environmental issues that are so important for our planet, for us, the list is long.

Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?
 

Milow the Girl :

I practice sports. It has always been a way for me to disconnect. especially Swimming. I like yoga, running, cardio, walks in the mountains with my dogs, skiing. I also love travelling. I just came back from Myanmar (Burma) and loved it. Oh and switch of my laptop and phone!

Love Music : How can people find you and follow you online?
 

Milow the Girl :

On Instagram :  @milow_the_girl

   On Twitter :  @milowthegirl

   On Facebook : @milowthegirl

Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment