Monday 19 February 2018

Interview with Oshun MI

Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, modeling & acting skills, music passion etc. ??
 

I’m originally from Nigeria and moved here to pursue acting . But somehow I drew so much inspiration from music and it became my solace so I decided to also make a career out of it. But I’ve done a couple commercials and films and currently working towards making my television debut. Music is like therapy to me and it relieves me. I’m still learning and taking it day by day but so far the journey has been incredible and I’m about to release two new singles.
 





  Love Music : Please tell us more about your new music ‘Take You’?
 

Take you is a mixture of pop and Afro beats. African style of music. I love this new dimension because I can be myself and not have to try to sound different or American which is something I have to do a lot when it comes to acting. I really just let myself go in this new single and it felt really great!

https://soundcloud.com/marigoldjosephine/take-you-mix-11/s-zy5Vh



Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as a Singer?
 

Seeing other artist like me breaking boundaries.

 

Love Music : Any upcoming project ?
 

‘Take you’ and ‘River’ are the two new singles I’m about to release. Unlike ‘Take you’, ‘River’ is more electro pop and very spiritual and deep. It connects to my ancestral background and what keeps me going in my darkest hour.

 

Love Music : Who are your musical inspirations?
 

Pink, Justin Bieber , Beyoncé, Tiwa Savage, Diana Ross.

 

Love Music : Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional musician ?
 

Yes. It’s 2018 and The world is your Oyster. Keep pushing and keep your head up.

 

Love Music : What are your future plans ? Your vision for the coming years.
 

Releasing more singles and producing more of my films / projects. Acting and music are what I live for.

 

Love Music : If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?
 

All over Africa and Europe.

 

Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?
 

I watch movies or tv shows, preferable fantasy based genres. I also watch ASMR videos on youtube to relax.

 

Love Music : Are you active on social media?
 

Yes I am. I go by Oshun MI on all my social media platforms including instagram and oshunmii on twitter. 


Website : https://marigoldjosephine.com
Twitter :
https://twitter.com/oshunmii
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/oshun_mi/








0 comments:

Post a Comment