Saturday 21 September 2019

Interview with Strike Boogie

Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, passion etc. ?? 

I am a creative artist skilled and seasoned in the various fields of arts & entertainment. Most know me for my more prevalent and seasoned skills in illustration hybrid Japanese anime & western style comic artwork as well as a musician/producer & photographer. However, I do have my hands in anything that is considered creative and work as a director in such parts. My joy is in art workshops for the young generation of budding & aspiring artists.


Love Music: You've gotten the attention of some of the most prolific recording artists, entertainers and Hollywood stars, so how does it feel? 

<<Laughs>>It always feels surreal and random to have such honorary legends message me, send a shout out, communicate frequently about my future works and even collaborate. Artists who I've looked up to as a child growing up or idols for the way I would go about executing the goals in my career. Some of it was time meeting preparation with strategy, and some of it was mere fated. I would say it's not a coincidence. Energy frequency and understanding how you relate to others can be a powerful tool in equal convergence. The Hollywood thing just so happens to be what they are attached to but I don't get caught up in any of that. Progression is key.


Love Music: Great, what motivates you to do your best work as a creative director/creative artist? 

I guess it is exceptional that I can find inspiration within myself notably due to this self discovered creative alchemy that I speak of quite a bit. When having access to the amount of skills and trades that I do it is hard to run out of ideas. In truth, my brain never shuts off and I have a very hard time trying to sleep, specifically if I have started or finished anything creative before I sleep or plan to when I wake up. I never seem to run out of ideas. Outside of the creative realm, the small tight circle of family and friends are everything. I can do anything with just their existence in mine. I've been given more than enough to motivate me. 

Love Music: Can you please tell us more about your NEUROTIC EP Album?

NEUROTIC is my second musical EP installment after the solo jazz piano project called THE MISSING KEY. This is a big album on many levels. For one, it is comprised of two parts of the EP which are albums in themselves and would best be described as a recorded soundtrack album. The second highlight is that this is a much bigger production than The Missing Key. NEUROTIC is self made like the first album. I have written, composed, arranged, produced and performed on this album in its entirety. I have only a couple of features on the album, utilized in a more creative way than what most would assume. Lastly, the music is a one-of-a-kind sound that could never be mistaken for anyone but of my creation. And while it is not in any way mainstream music, I believe it carries the twist of energy of timeless music that transcend many genres while carrying itself in to a future sound that can become mainstream. 

WHO I AM is the first single from NEUROTIC and does not have a release date announced, but people will not have to wait much longer for it to be on all of the major music streaming platforms. It is a very empowering song for me, and from the reactions of the 24 hour reveal I did on social media it has been well received. 


Love Music: Nice, Any upcoming project? 

Alongside the remaining album singles and some upcoming music it will be released with, I can only promise it will be worth the wait. The 2020 vision is on its way. That is all that I will say. 


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ? 

Being able to work with fellow creatives who are on the same wavelength as myself, and genuine folks who have been such an honour to meet and work alongside. That is all I can ask for in truth.  


Love Music: Awesome, Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time? 

<<Laughs>> The same thing I do every time, Pinky. 


Love Music: Any regret of your life? 

None. 


Love Music: Your favourite quote? 

“Recognize, Realize,Understand”, it's one of my own longstanding quotes.


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online? 

Please follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Soundcloud @StrikeBoogie. You can find me on all major music streaming platforms as Strike Boogie, and you can get the latest in everything I do or about to do on my website at StrikeBoogie.com! Thank you!





0 comments:

Post a Comment