Tuesday 28 July 2020

Matthew Shell talks about “Towards New Beginnings (feat. Douglas Lira)” in candid interview



Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

My name is Matthew Shell. I'm a music producer, sound engineer, eLearning professional, guitarist, percussionist, and family man. I was classically trained on piano by my Mom and taught the basics of guitar by my Dad. For audio production engineering, I studied at Omega Recording Studios in Rockville, MD. I also have an undergrad degree in Business from UMD, College Park. My passion for music comes from my love for God and my family and expressing joy, pain, love, sadness, peace, and every emotion I feel could connect with listeners in a positive way.


Love Music: We been hearing a lot about you and your upcoming song. We noticed you are starting to gain a lot of attention. How does it feel?

Being famous for no reason can play a horrible toll on one's mind. However, to create art that stands the test of time is the goal for me. Honestly, I prefer constructive feedback over flattery. Attention and popularity is a trap because it is here today and gone tomorrow. I'm just trying to make proud my family and those who have stood by me since day one.


Love Music: Can you please tell our readers more about this instrumental song?

"Towards New Beginnings" has taken about a year to create and perfect. It has gone through many changes. My inspiration comes from God, my wife, daughter, parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, those who I work with who helped shape the song, and life in general. I purposely took a long time to create this song so it could represent many emotions and not just one state of mind. There is hardship, perseverance, joy, peace, desire, and satisfaction all reflected in one expression of music. And when the world changed with the onset of Covid 19, the clarity for the meaning of the title "Towards New Beginnings" became clear to me. However, I am open to anyone interpreting my art however they feel.


Love Music: Any upcoming project?

TNB Vol. 2 will be the follow up in 2021.



Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far?

Getting to work in the studio as an assistant engineer with Philip Lawrence for his song "It's A Jungle Out Here" (https://youtu.be/RfRLAypDn9M) was very inspiring. I simply pressed record as Phil did his vocal takes and I gave my advice here and there. Phil's lead engineer Jeeves was amazing to watch work. Jeeves and Phil has such an amazing chemistry, and I learned so much that day about what it means to be a great vocal engineer like Jeeves.

It was one of the most wonderfully educational and inspiring days I've ever had in the studio. After that four hour session, the very next day I was in a stadium with my wife as Phil performed with Bruno Mars to a sold out arena crowd. That was definitely surreal two days that meant a lot for my education and growth as a producer and engineer.


Love Music: What’s your goal in life that you want to achieve next?

Raise my kid will be polite, wise, and strong emotionally and physically.


Love Music: What motivates you to do your best work?

I can only try to outdo myself every time. That's the only way I feel I can improve. If I focus too much on others and trying to be the best, that can not be nearly as productive as me trying to outdo myself every time I create something.


Love Music: Did you choose this industry as a career or as a hobby?

It started as a hobby, but when people started paying me it became more viable as a profession.


Love Music: Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

Cook with Home Chef and hang out with my family.


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

Find me on instagram and twitter: @MTS_Music

Instagram.com/mts_music

Twitter.com/mts_music

The "Towards New Beginnings" (feat. Douglas Lira) Music Video is at https://youtube.com/watch?v=g0cmE04RLwM

Visit http://MTSmusic.net for all other social media links


0 comments:

Post a Comment