Tuesday 3 October 2023

Interview with Ina - Lead Singer of pop-rock Band KingQueen


Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

I’m Ina (aka Sabrina Pertini) - the lead singer in pop rock band KingQueen. I’m from Sweden and now living in Los Angeles. Music has always been a big part of my life and Los Angeles has been a important place for my growth. 


Love Music: We been hearing a lot about your band, so we notice you’re starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

If feels great, it’s always been about the songs and making people feel something. Seeing that it’s working with our latest release “Burn This Motha” is humbling and exciting. 


Love Music: Can you please tell our readers more about your pop-rock band?

We’ve been together for a few years but it feels like everything truly came together during the end of 2021. We released a EP in 2022 and went on the Golden State tour, got to perform stages like San Francisco Pride to San Bernardino Fair with Quiet Riot. And we released our single “Burn This Motha” with a music video in Dec of 2022. Our sound is edgy yet vulnerable lyrics, catchy chanting choruses and stadium feel music.  


Love Music: Any upcoming project?

We are currently recording an album which will hopefully be out before May 2023 and we’re planning another tour. 


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ?

Performing at San Francisco Pride in front of thousands of people and just feeling the togetherness with everyone. It was so uniting. 


Love Music: What’s your goal in life you want to achieve next?

Continue to write and help people heal. 


Love Music: What motivates you to do your best work?

Helping others! Being part of someone’s playlist making them feel less alone. Putting on a good show helping someone forget about their stressful day at work. And also; myself, I am intrigued by life and how us humans can grow and do better, get better and perfect anything we put our mind to. There are no limits to what we can achieve. I’m enjoying everything I’m doing so far but I’m always curious about how good of a writer I can become or if I can be more energetic live. I enjoy the challenge. I always want to push myself to do better and I don’t get tired of it.


Love Music: Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

It definitely chose me. I didn’t even know I was writing songs as a kid, I thought I was just writing my thoughts down and adding Melodie’s to it. Music has saved me in so many ways and helped me to stay on track in life, and in some situations to get back on track. Music is always within me. 


Love Music: Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

I enjoy exercising, watching sports (especially soccer), playing video games and hanging out with my pets. 


Love Music: How can people find you and follow your band online?

www.KINGQUEENMUSIC.com 

Www.instagram.com/KingQueen.music 

Www.TikTok.com/@hausofkingqueen

0 comments:

Post a Comment