Thursday 11 July 2019

Interview with iLUMiNATiVE

Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

Hi I was born and raised in Byron Bay Australia. Even though I was born in Australia my physical ancestry is 100% European. Personally my DNA is a mix of Eastern European: Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, German Democratic Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania and Northwestern European: German/French, Scandinavian and British/Irish. This doesn't imply that my soul is from all of this ancestry, this is purely bloodline and genetics. To add to this I have come to realisations and findings through past life regressions that my soul has lived as a Native Indian American, Asian, South American, Tibetan and Amazonian.

From a young age I travelled Australia and several other countries for surfing sport tournaments, more often after leaving high school, I pursued that pathway for about 10 years. I got to immerse myself in many different cultures and see a lot of good and not so good places in the world. I learnt a lot about travel and different cultures which helped open my mind to the bigger world.

Once I decided not to pursue the sport any longer, due to lack of finances I furthered my formal education in Business, Massage Therapy Practice/ Traditional Chinese Medicine Massage, Intuitive Spiritual Healing and currently Horticulture.

I had to start a new life from scratch so I started to work as a healer doing Massage Therapy from home and as a mobile service to all areas in my region. I have worked for myself for 6 years and it has given me more freedom and flexibility. I got deeper into the healing work after a spiritual awakening I went through in 2012 onwards.

My passion for music has been a life long journey. At high school I studied music, I enjoyed singing, playing guitar but not the theory side of music. I can't read music but I can learn how to play songs by ear, I am more clairaudient. I got more into rap in my late teens but the first rap I performed on stage was in primary school at the age of 11. Music has always been apart of my life, at school, with family or friends, when travelling or even when studying or working. Music is for life.


Love Music : We have been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention, how does it feel?

The Internet helps with independent marketing of my music and albums. I have had some great reviews of my new album 'Kundalini Rising' but everything is self funded, I don't view it as attention. Gaining coverage costs money, even major artists pay for most of their marketing, also as a tax deduction. What does feel good is reading great reviews, as I never know what to expect. All reviews so far have been unique and I have enjoyed reading different perspectives of my music.

The Internet is making the world seem smaller, although we still live in an enormous world. You learn that when you really get out there and travel it.


Love Music : Can you please tell us the reason behind releasing your independent album 'The Awakening' EP and 'Kundalini Rising' (09/09/2019)?

I wanted to share the information, stories and music with the public. These two albums are connected, there are similar subject matters in both albums. I wanted to release positive productive songs that will resonate with people awakening spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. These projects are my contribution to the world, to help those that are in a similar direction towards the natural world, the soul and the spirit.


Love Music : How's your feeling when your project was featured on mainstream radio..?

In 2017 'The Awakening' was featured on Commercial Hit Radio. I had that goal in mind when doing a radio campaign but I didn't really know what would happen, I just put it out there and went for the best, in Australia we call it 'winging it'. I got the radio campaign results for a couple of months, I could only afford a 2 month campaign.

Like I mentioned earlier in the interview everything is paid for in the music industry, but a presenter or DJ still has to choose your song for a playlist. An artist could pay for a radio campaign and get no Commercial Hit Radio playlist coverage. A lot of major artists have million dollar marketing budgets, one reason they are so heavily played on radio.


Love Music : What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far?

Finishing this new album 'Kundalini Rising', I wanted to do it in 2018 but never got the time, energy or money to really get into it. I don't do music for money, I have done this project for the love of it, the message, the music and to share something important with the people and my people.

It was good to perform 'The Awakening' songs live on stage at a few events because I really believe in that message too.


Love Music : What goal in life do you want to achieve next?

I just want to get this music out to as many people as possible, the right people. I would enjoy performing this new album live in 2019-2020, if I get the opportunity. I am studying Horticulture and Permaculture so I look forward to finishing my studies while growing my own food. I also look forward to being a husband and father in the near future. One of my greatest goals has been achieved, awakening...awakening to my true self then working towards a better future. My success is not based on materials, its my direct line with spirit and to be in service to that. My personal spiritual resolutions have been so fulfilling


Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as a rapper/singer?

I listen to other rappers and singers that are pushing the level high which motivates me a lot. Not just for my music but for anything, some artists project high energy and are therapeutic too, makes me feel energetic and not alone too. Being healthy and fit motivates me to rap and sing better.


Love Music : Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

Music has always been like a lover, sometimes the lover or a side lover lol. It started as a hobby then shifted into a focus of career, but I think thats where it went off track a bit. So I shifted back to being just a fan of music, that made me just enjoy music again and approaching it as a hobby helped me do a better album this time around.


Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

In my free time I study healers and spiritual masters on Youtube eg. Bashar, David Icke, Sadhguru, to name a few (I call it conscious study). I study Horticulture and Permaculture while learning to grow my own vegetables, taking care of my garden. I go to the beach to walk, do Yoga and surf. I studied Tantra/Tantric practices for 6 years so I do that too. I listen to other music artists on Youtube. I do the usual house chores that need to be done too lol.


Love Music : How can people find you and follow you online?

Google 'Iluminative', or check me out on https://www.reverbnation.com/ iluminative

My album will be out on the 9th of September 2019 Thanks for reading!




0 comments:

Post a Comment