Saturday 16 March 2024

Interview with Max P


Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

I was born into a musical home. My mother used to sing for fun and my dad played the drums in a local band. My grandfather was the conductor of a marching band who also composed music. As a kid I was always surrounded by musical instruments, first I played around on my dad’s guitar but I never got the hang of it. So I turned to the drumkit and started pounding along with some records on my turntable. Later I learned to play keyboards and I also started recording stuff when I was a teenager. I always felt the need to express myself and I’m glad that I’ve been doing that professionally for the past twelve years.


Love Music: We’ve been hearing a lot about you, so we notice you’re starting to gain a lot of attention.How does it feel?

I am used to a role in the background, working with DJ’s with lots of fans. It’s nice to show up on stage every now and then to sing for their live audiences and get some attention, but then it’s nice to get off the stage and return to my fairly anonymous life. Now with these personal songs coming up I have to be seen. I’m not sure I like all the attention, but today I went to a party and several people came up to me telling me how moved they were by listening to my new single ‘Silence’. I’m excited to hear that my music has this effect on people.


Love Music: Can you please tell our readers more about 'Microphone Therapy'?

‘Silence’ is the first single in a collection of twelve songs that I wrote over the years, inspired by life events. Eventually I want to bundle all twelve songs into an album called ‘Microphone Therapy’, because that’s what it is to me. Writing these songs was a first step to deal with some life changing events. Recording and producing the songs was a confrontation with the dark side of my emotions. Vocalizing my experiences is a process of healing and that’s why I call it Microphone Therapy.


Love Music: Any upcoming songwriting project?

I’m glad that I took the time to write my personal songs for Microphone Therapy, because it also clears the head and makes room for new songs. I hope that helps when I’m writing new material with the producers and DJs that I frequently work with.


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ?

Professionally I have created music that generates buckets of streams, it brought me to some amazing places, performing on some of the biggest festivals and venues in the world. But personally, at the end of the day, really getting through to one person with a song is the ultimate achievement.


Love Music: What’s your goal in life?

Simply be happy. 


Love Music: What motivates you to do your best work as vocalist?

I don’t consider myself to be a very good singer. I’m jealous of singers with rich and tone steady voices. So I compensate that by putting all my energy into a recording and trying my best to make the listener feel the emotion that the song requires.


Love Music: Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

For years I worked part time as a financial administrator in a wholesale company.Working part time allowed me to make enough money to get by and still have plenty of time to play in a band and work on music in any other way I could. Twelve years ago I quit that job and started earning my bread and butter in the music industry. It was quite a challenge at first, but eventually it turned out to be the right choice.


Love Music: Everybody needs a time out. What do you do in your free time?

I have my studio at home, so when I’m at home I’m working. If want to take some time off from work I really need to get out of the house.I like traveling to places where it’s not cold or rainy. My girlfriend likes that too, so that’s something we both enjoy. 


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

People can find me on Spotify, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Let’s place the links below.


Follow Max P on Spotify:

spotify.com/artist/7D76Zt5h5OIV4zHi1AtCqw?si=fphToYgKSAeJfBVdY8Ythg


Follow Max P on Youtube:

youtube.com/bahamakitchenmusic


Follow Max P on Instagram:

instagram.com/iammaxp


Follow Max P on Twitter:

twitter.com/_IAMMAXP


Follow Max P on Facebook

facebook.com/IAMMAXP




0 comments:

Post a Comment