Sunday 11 November 2018

DieLyf Music Interview

Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music etc. ??

Vusi Mahlangu aka Die-Lyf began rapping at the age of fourteen, participating in schoolyard battles and ciphers. Die Lyf spent his early years in his hometown of Palm Springs, Evaton. His parents divorced when he was 18 years old, and Die-Lyf admitted he used to get into a lot of fights, but by the time he started college he was already becoming a father and was into music. Die-Lyf’s passion for rapping helped keeping him out of trouble. He continued to work his rapping and management skills, forming a rap group called the Intergalactic Alliance Crew in 2003 with friend Ice Berg John Ross. In 2005 Die- Lyf left his neighborhood and settled in Zakkariya Park, Lenasia. Three years later he got a job as an armed reaction officer, during his patrols he met Mr. Grootboom (a client) who loved he’s rapping style so much, that he named him Die-Lyf an Afrikaans word meaning “The Life” . One morning while on duty, Die Lyf was called by Mr. Grootboom to his office and was offered a check of fifty thousand (R50,000) Rends to go and pursue his hip-hop career. In 2011 Die-Lyf resigned to follow his dream. Die lyf attended Armstel academy School in Veneering for two years, He took an interest in poetry and storytelling, during his high school years. He began releasing demo cassettes which he recorded himself and distributed them in school. He received positive feedback and encouragement from fellow students and teachers who loved his stories he told through his songs. John Ross who was his mentor and high school friend gave Die lyf a reason what to rap about, he Taught him not to do Hip hop for ladies or money to do it for self-expression to heal and heal others to teach and to learn from hip-hop. Ever since that Die lyf been teaching ad motivating others with his rap ability. Die lyf released his first solo album called Godz Envy in 2003 which sold 2000 copies independently in AFRICA and United states on the first month of release. In early 2004,Die lyf was selected to become a Brand SA ambassador for a radio station in USA called SMR HIP HOP STOP in the USA.He also did nationwide road show tours around Africa .Forward to 2018 after years not releasing any record Die lyf fans kept begging him to put new music. Die lyf is back to the game and will soon drop his second Album called New world Order which is dropping on November 2018.Die lyf promise to keep it real and still give his fans the motivational story telling music to inspire the youth.


Love Music : What made you realize that music was your path?

I realized that music was my path, because with out music I wouldn't be alive today ,me and music come a long way ,there were times I wanted to commit suicide but because music was there for me I would just go in the studio sing or Rap about what ever it's bothering me and suddenly feel better.Music saved my life.


Love Music : We been hearing a lot about you and your first solo album " Godz Envy ", so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

I feel pleased because it's first left music after my first album due to personal reasons .But my fans kept begging me to release something.I very happy that I could finally bring life to stories in my songs.


Love Music : Please tell us more about your second Album " New world Order "?

This Album I would say it's more like a Bible of life my aim is to teach people about life ,tell stories that happen in our community and society. Open people eyes tell them stories about my pain so they can relate 


Love Music : What makes your music unique?


My music is different due to its unique story telling abilities


Love Music : Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional musician ?


My advice would be never give up in your dreams . People will always talk keep your head up high .Faith and courage it's all you need to make it . Don't forget knowledge so study and have more wisdom.


Love Music : Who are your musical inspirations?

I am inspired mostly by artist who rap to spread wisdom ,cats like Vinniepaz ,Nas ,J Cole those are artist that inspire me, The type music when I listen I can learn from it that's what inspires me


Love Music : What are your future plans ? Your vision for the coming years. 

“In the short term, one of my goals is to continue developing my writing skills and tell more storys from Africa. I want to help unsigned musicians to become world-class artist In addition, I’ve been raising my hand for more public speaking assignments, since I know that written and verbal communication skills often work together. I would love to apply this skill set to establish my recording company as a thought leader in this industry.In few years to come I want to be on my 10 th album and be well known respected musician


Love Music : If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?


I would like to Perform in USA New York


Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

In my free time I write poems and and read books for fun I like to chill with family and lay back with a cold beer and weed . And I like traveling going to gym discovering new things.

SoundCloud: Die Lyf Music 
Facebook: Facebook.com/Dielyfmusic
Instagram: Instagram.com/dielyfmusic
Youtube: Die Lyf music 




0 comments:

Post a Comment