Wednesday 1 April 2020

Interview with Josh Christina

Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, your music passion etc. ??

I grew up in a musical household. My mother was a club singer in Baltimore and my grandmother was a big band singer in the 40’s. I discovered Elvis at age six and that got me into rock and roll and lead me to Jerry Lee Lewis which is when I started teaching myself piano. I guess you could say the rest is history after that. I really found a passion for music and if I hadn’t discovered Elvis, who knows if I would have.


Love Music: We been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

It’s really cool to have people start noticing you for your music. There’s nothing like being able to record and perform original music and have people come to see and hear it.


 
Love Music: What's the reason behind make the song 'Rockstar'?

“Rockstar” is for all the kids out there dreaming of music career. I think every artist has that point in their life when they first hear an artist or song and it changes them. It inspires them to want to pursue music and “Rockstar” tells that story.

Love Music: Any upcoming project?

I recently just got done recording a follow up single for “Rockstar” and would love by the end of the year to have a new album out. It’s been a few years since I released a whole album and have some songs I’m really excited about.



Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far?

A few years ago, I went to Memphis and recorded a live album at Sam Phillips Recording. I used drummer Steve Potts who has worked with greats like Al Green, Gregg Allman, Booker T and the MGs and the Blues Brothers just to name a few. The records was co-produced by myself and Grammy winner Jon Carroll. We had a blast working together and being to record at just an historic place was great. I even got to record on a piano Jerry Lee recorded on which was cool.


Love Music: What’s your goal in life you want to achieve next?

I’d love to do more international traveling and share my music with people all over the world. Something about playing music and traveling the world just sounds like a blast.


Love Music: What motivates you to do your best work?

I think my passion and true love for music keeps me going. I love trying to come up with cool new ideas and taking what’s come before me and giving it a new twist.


Love Music: Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

Definitely as a career. I can’t see myself doing anything else.


Love Music: Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

I love being outside and spending time with friends and family. I’m a huge fan of old cars so occasionally I work on them. I find it relaxing.


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

You can find me on Instagram and Facebook @JoshChristina57. All my music is on Spotify and my website is always a good place, www.joshchristinamusic.com.






0 comments:

Post a Comment