Friday 17 April 2020

Interview with Kadesh from Deeper Vileness

Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

I'm from South Texas and, well there isn't really much to say about myself I think. As for as education i'm mostly self educated, I read a lot of books and taught myself how to play a bunch of instruments. I listen to a ton of music, not a lot of metal though. I'm mostly influenced by like not metal type music like The Cure, Tears For Fears, Depeche Mode, Sisters Of Mercy, Dead Can Dance. I don't sit around listening to metal to be honest.


Love Music: We been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your're starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

Surreal


Love Music: Can you please tell our readers more about "Alas, Darkness Resides"?

It really shows the direction that the band is heading in musically. I sat down with my guitar and just wrote the songs on the spot pretty much, sadly the original guitar track for Dismal Fields went all Eurydice on me and got lost so I had to re record it last minute. It was a sad moment but the recording came out real horror show I think. If you notice the artwork, the portrait is sticking out of the frame a bit. The point being kind of like how some medieval ruler might have those under him to like insult him in any way they can , kind of like in old times painters putting like hour glasses in paintings or whatnot that they would do for rich people as a kind of like memento mori or something. So the meaning is like yeah people might dislike you but at the end of the day you still achieve. Small detail. The songs tell a story of like this dark medieval world so I thought it fitting somewhat.





Love Music: What's the reason behind choosing this name "Alas, Darkness Resides"?

It's conceptual, the mythos of deeper vileness if you will, takes place in some medieval dark fantasy kingdom of darkness and ruins.


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ?

I finally sold a Deeper Vileness tshirt heh heh heh.


Love Music: What’s your goal in life you want to achieve next?

Making a full length album. I would also like to get a proper career.


Love Music: What motivates you to do your best work?

Wanting to make awesome music.

“There is a life and there is a death, and there are beauty and melancholy between.”
― Albert Camus


Love Music: Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

Definitely a hobby, I just want to make music and arts of all sorts whether it be drawing, painting, etc. I plan to do short films in the future as well as like small sculptures and stuff. I think it will be really awesome to do short films and make heavy soundtracks for them.


Love Music: Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

I read extensively on occultism, esotericism, philosophy, Sartre, Nietszsche, things of that nature. I also like to drink coffee and watch YouTube most of the time.


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

Well I don't care too much for social media so Deeper Vileness is mainly just going to be on bandcamp and that's about it.

deepervileness.bandcamp.com





0 comments:

Post a Comment