Sunday 3 October 2021

Interview with Anthony Casuccio | Grammy Nominated Veteran Music Producer


Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

I have always had an affinity for music. From hearing my first Beatles song to Van Halen, I loved the guitar and started playing at an early age. I went to college for sound recording technology and started working in the music industry in New York City right out of college. I was remastering older music from well named artists like Johnny Cash and Tony Bennett. From there I started my own company Xtream Audio and had a lot of success working on 3 Grammy nominated and topping various charts with my clients. I had national jingles airing on TV. I started a band called A&L finding success in the UK charting 9 times on various Indie music charts and reaching the top 20 8 times.


Love Music: We been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

It feels good! I have been working at this for a while and feel that my efforts are starting to pay off. I am playing the long game and am strategically working the promotion aspect to gain lasting connections and coverage.


Love Music: Can you please tell our readers more about 'Emotional Lockdown'?

Emotional Lockdown is my first solo effort in over 20 years. This music endeavor was born during the Covid lockdown. “I am always working on other people’s musical projects. The lockdown gave me the time and mental fortitude to start writing music. Locked in my studio, Music was my main outlet to deal with the isolation. I composed over a dozen songs. A guitarist by trade, this musical release is a new venture, The songs are pop/EDM in style with flourishes of rock guitar. Having more than enough for an EP, I split up the songs with more radio-friendly songs going on the EP and the others for my live DJ set.


Love Music: Any upcoming project?

I am always working on various musical projects for other people. I am going to concentrate on this release for the next few months.


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ?

That is a tough question. I have been so fortunate to have worked with so many great people on so many amazing projects. Working on Grammy nominated albums is a career highlight. Hearing my music in soap operas and on nations commercials is always a thrill.


Love Music: What’s your goal in life you want to achieve next?

Just to be a positive, good person.


Love Music: What motivates you to do your best work as a music producer?

I think being OCD when it comes to my production, there is no excuse to not fixing any issues. If you hear it and it is wrong or bothers you or a client, fix it. It has never been easier to make corrections and changes to your music using the latest programs.


Love Music: Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

I feel you don’t choose music, it chooses you. How you accept this internal pull is up to you. I choose it as a career.


Love Music: Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

I like to be near water. Swimming, boating or a drink on the beach. I also love to read music biographies.


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

www.Facebook.com/anthonycasucciomusic

www.instagram.com/anthonycasucciomusic

Twitter: @anthonycasuccio





1 comment: