Tuesday 20 July 2021

Interview with Caio Gaona


Love Music: Hello Caio, Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

I started to study the drums when I watched an Angra concert it changed my Life in a way I can't describe, the double bass the speed and everything.

Then I started to play with some bands at the year of 2007 with some Hard Rock cover bands.

In 2011 with only 20 years I played as a session drummer with Stevie Rachelle's Tuff in a South American Tour then I entered in my first original song band "Unblackpulse" whon which I recorded 1 álbum and 2 EPs

In 2014 I felt that I needed to do something mine, then I started my Project as Geek Drummer performing Movies, Games and Séries themes on drums and It gave me the recognization of a lot of movie composers Like Danny Elfman, Blake Neely, Brian Tyler and a lot of others.

In 2016 I started to compose songs inspired in Comics Characters, the first I released was inspired in Batman and the second in The Crow.

I Also give drum classes since 2010.


Q: We have been hearing a lot about you in the last days on Europe, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

It is amazing, Im very excited for what the future will bring for me!!!


Love Music: Can you please tell our readers more about your single "High price of life"?

High Price Of Life is a Love Letter for The ones Who is fighting against depression and had an episode of suicie trying.

Its a reminder that Life is precious And a Love Letter for The Sandman's Fan.

Love Music: How do you composed this single? & how it was recording with Indira Castillo who attended in it.

I composed The single in 2012 than I showed to some bands I was playing but nobody wanted to work on it then this year I showed it to Rodrigo Barros from All System Go Productions and we worked together in The single inspired in Finnish bands like H.I.M and Negative.

I invited Indira cause of her amazing and different voice and it works perfect and surprised me with her Amy Winehouse's kind of voice.


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ?

The exciting moment was when I played in Comic Con Experience, a great geek event here in Brazil when I player with Senpai Old School band for 20.000 People.

The other moment was when I was invited to record the drums for an Arrow Episode but it disn't work cause of The recording quality.

When I played with some Angra members and when I played The Guardians Of The Galaxy movie with my band Triscore.


Love Music: What's your goal in life you want to achieve next?

For sure is doing concerts in Europe And reach a lot of People with my song.


Love Music: What motivates you to do your best work as a drummer?

My unconditional Love for music ans drums, I study a lot every Day for become Better and Better.


Love Music: Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

As a career. I play The drums for a living.


Love Music: Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

I watch movies, read books and watch some animes.


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

You can find me on instagram : www.instagram.com/caiogaonadrums

Twitter www.twitter.com/caiogaonadrums and

YouTube- www.youtube.com/caiogaona








0 comments:

Post a Comment