Thursday 1 December 2016

Interview with Paula Johnson - A Versatile Artist

We had the opportunity to interview famous multi talented artist Paula Johnson to talk about her famous single "Chase" and her music passion.
 


What made you realize that music was your passion?
 

I've always had an ear for great beats and melodies.  Ever since I was in elementary school I remember getting in trouble for humming all of the time. Lol. Once I got older, there was a burden to do something with all of the music that was bottling up inside. I felt like I would explode if I didn't release it.
 

How would you describe the music that you typically create?
 

I relate to almost any kind of music.  I believe every song tells a story directly or indirectly.  Whether its about life, love, or just expressing one's personality.
 

Who are your biggest musical influences?
 

I grew up listening to BeBe and CeceWinans, Yolanda Adams, and Shirley Caesar so I can't get them out of me. I also love Mary J Blige, Jill Scott, MusiqSoulchild, Kari Jobe, and admire a good friend's music, Jimmie Allen.
 

What makes your music unique?
 

I like to think my sound is very eclectic.  It's really hard to place me in a box.  I love the soulfulness in the sound and the meaning in the lyrics of the songs I write.  Everything I write I want to encourage someone, whether with a smile, in bringing hope, or even in bringing laughter.
 

Has there been one particular moment in your musical career that you’re most proud of? 
I would say anytime I overcame a challenge.  Music is an on-going grind and sometimes can be a daily challenge.  Everyday I wake up ready to face that challenge and I'm proud to have not given up. I thank God for giving me the strength and endurance to continue striving for my passion.
 

What’s next for you?
 

I’m working on 2 singles that I'm hoping will be complete by the first quarter of 2017. I'm excited to get back in the studio and have some fun with it.


Music can be found  itunes:   

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/chase-single/id1166987580


0 comments:

Post a Comment