Tuesday 6 June 2017

Interview with Hennessy Jones

Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education etc. ??
 

Of course, My stage name is Hennessy Jones “Henny”, I’m a Multi-Genre songwriter/recording artist and member of the Hip Hop group "The H&T (Heroes & Terrorists)" based out of Pittsburgh, PA. I currently reside in Phoenix, AZ. I started in music around the age of 7 playing the piano and at the age of 14 I started producing beats and songwriting for myself and other artists. My father is a National Recording Jazz artist (kevinhoward.net) so I grew up listening to all different types of music, live instrumentation and sound that helped developed me as a Hip Hop artist. In 2011, I became the President and Chairman of Tribe Eternal Music Group, which is an independent record label ran by myself, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Anthony “Lum” Fulton, and Chief Operating Officers (COO) Bilal Abbey and Clara Kent. Tribe Eternal Music Group’s mission is to assist in establishing and promoting artists and artistic events that address social, political, and spiritual issues that are relevant and resonate with art consumers.

 

Love Music : We been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?
 

It feels amazing, I love networking and with networking I got to see a sample of how many artists there are in the USA and across the world…so the fact that I’m getting attention as well as my label mates is a True Blessing. I strive to put my feeling into my music and to live my truth and people like that!

 

Love Music : Please tell us more about your song "Human Being" ?
 

I wrote Human Being actually about 2 or 3 years before I put it out. I was sad and in a place of frustration with all of the killings happening across the world, all the hate crimes towards people of color, all of the hate crimes towards the LGBTQ community as a whole, and the major backlash they were receiving (around the time when people were debating should LGBTQ community be able to be married or not) so my heart told me to write the song. When listening to the radio I heard nothing that spoke or even brought up anything about what was happening and is still happening in the world so I wrote Human Being to be a beacon of light and hope to every single person on this planet. All the fighting, negativity, and hate that has been a staple of Humans since our existence needs to come to an End because at the end of the day we're the same!

 

Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as a Recording artist ?
 

To be honest, it’s life. Life is my biggest motivation, I love to make music and to be a voice to the people who may think it but never say it and the fact that I am blessed to wake up and live another day motivates me to do what I love which is make music and put it out for the masses to hear and more importantly genuinely feel!

 

Love Music : Who are your musical inspirations ?
 

Don’t want to make their heads big or bigger haha but Tribe Eternal Music Group, all of the artists under the Tribe umbrella are some of my greatest friends and also my competition, we make amazing, inspiring music and every time someone releases a song or project, everyone seems to “level up” their writing and overall ability. My other music inspiration is my Dad, growing up and now being an adult I have seen him travel the world with his band (The Kevin Howard Band) and give an amazing live show every single time he’s on stage, my live performance and sales ability I get exclusively from watching him.

 

Love Music : Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional songwriter?
 

2 of the most important gems I ever received actually came from Tommy Brown (@tbhits). The first one was: Never give up, because it only takes that one song you wrote to catch on and the rest is pretty much history. The second wasn’t a verbal gem and more of just a visual gem: Watch, listen, and remember that you don’t know it all. When you’re around songwriters, producers, music industry people at any level, watch what they do, pay attention to their work ethic, listen to their stories, techniques, etc with an open mind and you will be able to implement it all to what you currently do to get to where you want to go.

 

Love Music : What are your future plans ? Your vision for the coming years.
 

Tribe Eternal has a venue called “Flow Lounge” 282 Morewood Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, we currently have the first floor and have sold out a few cultural, art, and music events but are looking to ultimately buy the entire building. 
As for my personal future plans, it’s really simple for me my plan is to continue to grow as an artist, musician, and songwriter. I’m currently working on writing music and score for TV & Film and I can’t give all my secrets up but I will be an Executive Producer for something the world will love next year!

 

Love Music :  If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?
 

Can I give two answers? 1. In USA I would love to perform at Summerfest in Wisconsin because it’s a HUGE party with close to a million people in attendance annually.
 

My other dream place to perform is the Mawazine festival in Africa, I couldn’t even imagine performing in front of 2 million people but the energy level and culture just gives me chills to even think about.  


Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?
 

I’m pretty boring when I get free time haha, I like to just relax with family and turn my brain off. When I’m alone, I’m usually meditating, doing yoga, cooking, or playing with my dogs. When my family is home, we’re just kickin’ back, laughing, watching TV, and movies.

 

Love Music : Are you active on social media? what’s the best way to follow you ?
 

I’m very active on social media, everything is @hennyjones412.

Instagram: instagram.com/hennyjones412
 

Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/hennyjones412
 

Reverbnation: reverbnation.com/hennyjones412
 

Facebook: facebook.com/TribeEternal
 

Youtube:www.youtube.com/user/HeroesNTerrorists/videos
 

Twitter: @hennyjones412
 

Snapchat: MusiqAndLyriq
 

Tribe Eternal Instagram: @tribeeternal




0 comments:

Post a Comment