Monday 14 August 2017

Interview with Dimitris Keramidakis

Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education etc. ??
 

My father was also a musician - guitar player and  maestro in local bands. He didn't want me to follow his paths, so i started  a little bit old to play music ..I went to conservatory at the age of 12  and  at the age of 13 I took a scholarship at the state conservatory of Thessaloniki  and attended piano lessons with mr SarantisKassaras. These years I had the opportunity to take a scholarship at the Berklay school of music but I preferred  to study classical piano. After 4 years, I took my diploma of piano performance and continued my piano lessons  with Milena ,Molova (Plodviv and Sofia) - Roberto Szidon ( Germany) and Ruth Gerald (London). Then, after the classical years, I started to explore the jazz vocabulary by my self and found my path.




Love Music : We been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

 

It is always  good to know that your music has found somebody that likes it ...Jazz is a kind of music with limited  audience, so I can say that i enjoy a lot any attention to my music.


 

Love Music : Please tell us more about your latest release ?
 

Inner relationship is an album that I had started to write 6 years ago ....  I used a lot of stack sounds in my synth sounds and  pads. Pianos and ep  are stacked  together  to give a more warm electric  sound ... Also, there is a track which i write with the album but release it alone  .. The song bebefini  was a world jazz attempt  with french lyrics that already plays in many radio in  Europe. 


 

Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as producer or composer?
 

I cannot do anything else.  My goal is always to try to pass my own limits and give my best in any kind of music.


 

Love Music : Who are your musical inspirations?
 

My dad was a rocker, so my first influences were  Deep Purple and Queen ..  Bach - Rachmaninoff  - Chopin ( i can play the most of Chopin works for piano )  Chick Corea - Miles Davis -Charlie Parker -Oscar Peterson- Telonius Monk- Dizzy Gilepsie- Azizza -Trend Reznor -Ludowic.


 

Love Music : What are your future plans ? Your vision for the coming years.
 

I plan to make a new album with  more organic sound in New York.
Also, I have many notes for a jazz piano book with   less complex  perspective .
I write music for films and of course would like to gain the attention of Hollywood.

 

Love Music :  If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?
 

Acropolis of course. I like the acoustic and the energy of all ancient greek monuments.

 

Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?
 

I have many hobbies. I like restoring old cars and race them, reading books  and visit nature. Technology and physics also interest me a lot.

 

Love Music : Are you active on social media? what’s the best way to follow you ?
 

Facebook and youtube channel.
 

https://www.facebook.com/dimitris.keramidakis
 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl1DROvNS9KZTl772wc3V9g
 

www.keramidakis.gr






0 comments:

Post a Comment