Monday 13 November 2017

Interview with NYC based singer & songwriter Anna Basel

Check out the recent interview of NYC based talented singer and songwriter Anna Basel.

 

Q : First of all introduce yourself to our readers? 
Anna Basel : My name is Anna Basel. I am a songwriter/singer who is based in NYC. I hail from a small city in Belarus and started writing songs at the age of 12. My family is also very musical and listening to live performances was part of growing up. I came to NYC in my late teens and been living here ever since. Originally I didn’t even speak English and put my lyric writing skills on hold, however, in 2007 I stared to collaborate with various Trance/House producers for writing my own vocals and lyrics and as a result received support from maga DJ’s producers such as Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyke,David Guetta, Paul Oakenfold and many others.

 

Q : Who or what inspired you to get into music industry?
Anna Basel :
I was listening to XM radio in 2007 to the vocal trance/house tracks and thought to myself I can do it as well. I met few people who were producing trance at that time and we made few tracks but I thought of it more as fun and didn’t expect for them to get widely played across the globe and to receive the boost and support from the fans. I also visited Amsterdam in 1998 and was fascinated with the album “Dreamland” by Robert Mills. I purchased many copies for gifts to my friends. I wanted to spread that incredible music and sound before it came into the US. As female singers my idols are Billie Holiday,Ella Fitzgerald, Blondie, Anna Netrebko,Bonnie Raitt, group “Heart”.

 

Q : Tell us about your recent releases?
Anna Basel :
My recent release is from my solo project with a Latvian producer of Eurovision 2016 song “Heartbeat” Kasparas Ansons. The song’s style is Deep House and the name is “Give it Time’. It will be availalble on all digital platforms such as Itunes,Beatport,Spotify and etc. It is available now for a preview on my facebook page www.facebook.com/annabaselmusic
Also we just finished a track with the talented producer from Ukraine Igor Leus aka Natlife. It has trance/house/pop in it and it’s very catchy and memorable right away. It’s a very dancy tune:)

 

 

Q : What kind of response you have received ?
Anna Basel :
I receive many great responses to my tracks. People like them and tell me that they can identify themselves with the lyrics.

 

Q : What attracts you more, performing on stage or working in studios?
Anna Basel :
I am a recording artist and a songwriter. I also like to perform on stage given the opportunity.

 

Q : What’s your favorite music genre?
Anna Basel :
I like EDM in general whether it’s trance/house/techno/pop. It’s very energetic and I can express my message through it. I also like Classical Rock because of the melodic guitar themes and the atmospheric vibe in the songs.

 

Q : Have you set some target to achieve as a music artist?
Anna Basel :
My goal or target is to spread the love and support to people across the globe. I believe that through music it is possible as many artists have done so for centuries. Music brings people together and makes them to forget about worries or problems they are going through. I would like to reach out to the audience who like the genre I am creating in or are just discovering it.

 

Q : Are you currently working on any other project?
Anna Basel :
Yes, I am always writing and working on new tracks.











0 comments:

Post a Comment