Sunday 17 November 2019

Interview with Monica Ortiz

Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

I worked in the corporate world for a long time and then decided to work in the entertainment business making movies, television, and music videos. I knew from a young age that I love singing and performing and while I have been singing in choirs and at events since I was very young, I didn’t have the opportunity to write and sing my original songs. I get to make my music now and sing my songs and it feels great.


Love Music: We been hearing a lot about you so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

I am happy that people are enjoying my music and I hope that as they listen, they are connecting to it, and feeling it.


Love Music: Can you please tell us more about your new album Journey Home?

I love this album, I got to work with so many talented people. It was written in both Los Angeles and Nashville, and was tracked at Gray Matters Studios and Toy Box Studios, both in Nashville, TN. I wrote four of the songs on the album, three with Charlie Lowell (Jars of Clay), and one with David Dattner. Matt Odmark (Jars of Clay) and Heather Bond (Jukebox the Ghost) wrote two of the songs. Michael Gigante (Tay Coliee) wrote two of the songs. Vocally, the record features contributions from Matthew Koziol, legendary gospel group The McCrary Sisters, Joshua Olds (Family Force 5) and his wife AmiBeth Olds, and Jonathon Jircitano (The Tide). From beginning to end, Journey Home is a just that, a journey of acknowledgement, freedom, encouragement, happiness, love, acceptance, and loss.


Love Music: Nice, which song of this album do you like most and why?

The Woman I Became because it is my ode to my Grandfather and to God. It is the acknowledgment of listening to guidance and trying to do my best in my own life. And while I was asking them if they were proud of me, there is a line that says “I am proud of the woman I became.” I let them know that there were many times that life tried to get the best of me but I didn’t let it tear me apart.


Love Music: Great, what motivates you to do your best work as singer songwriter?

I motivate myself. I have a huge responsibility chip in me and have been called a work-a-holic, so I will work endlessly to give my best effort and am tough on myself when something is completed and I watch it, read it, or listen to it, and find flaws. I have come to understand that music is a deep passion of mine so while I want it to be perfect, sometimes I have to understand that it has a life of its own and be happy with that.


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ?

In my music career, the fact that I am getting to make music. It is incredible that I am here in this moment right now.


Love Music: Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

I chose making music as a career so now I am giving it my time and my love.


Love Music: Your favorite music Artist?

I don’t have favorites. There is a long list of incredibly talented people in many genres, that I able to hear the passion in their music, and it makes me want to listen to them over and over again.


Love Music: Awesome, Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

I love watching movies, reading, going to live shows, being out in nature, and traveling.


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

My Instagram is: monicaortizmusic Facebook: Monica Ortiz Music, Twitter: mortizsmusic and my website is: www.monicaortizmusic.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment