Monday 2 December 2019

Interview with Luverboy

Love Music: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education etc. ??

I grew up in Southwest Atlanta, I spent most of my time listening to 70's and 80's rock and pop music. I never felt as though a lot of artist from my generation spoke to me musically. I went to North Atlanta High School, and after that moved to San Diego and got my bachelors from the University of San Diego. It didn't do much for me creatively, but I felt as though the experience of leaving home and going somewhere at 18 where you literally don't know anyone makes you mature much quicker. And makes you think a little harder about what you want out of life. My freshman year I was in an alternative rock band called "The Renaissance". It was my first time playing guitar and singing in a band, and I'm so grateful for the experience because it let me know who I was, and who I wanted to be.My family is very "do it by the book" and I'm just a creative mess haha.


Love Music: We been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

It's nice when people actually take the time to listen and engage with your art. I feel as though now it's so hard to get heard, and when you tell people you're an artist they look at you like you have three heads. So I'm grateful to each and every person who actually cares to listen and engage with me.


Love Music: Any upcoming project?

2 singles and an album. I like to take my time.


Love Music: What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ?

Doing everything by myself. No Label, no manager, nothing


Love Music: What’s your goal in life you want to achieve next?

Get a record deal that doesn't completely screw me, and tour.


Love Music: What motivates you to do your best work ?

Life, and knowing my work is going to outlive me by possibly hundreds of years.


Love Music: Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

Both, they're one in the same for me.


Love Music: Which song you liked most and why?

In terms of songs released, I'd have to say "Valley of the Rasta" believe it or not it actually started as a heartbreak ballad but turned into a 420 reggae rock song. I guess there's elements within the song where you can tell I was just trying to get over someone, but it was my first attempt at trying to create an original sound that is true to who I am as an artist.


Love Music: Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

Believe it or not, I write music in my free time, when I'm not creating music, I'm usually drawing, painting, or working out. I always need to keep my mind and or body stimulated. I try to write at least 2-3 songs a week. I've got this weird thing where if I'm not creating, I feel like I'm dying.


Love Music: How can people find you and follow you online?

I'm on Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, Tidal, Amazon, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. Just search "Luverboy".




0 comments:

Post a Comment