Friday 17 February 2017

Interview with ISSA “The Madame of House Music” Famous American female House Music Producer, DJ, Percussionist & Vocalist


Love Music : Let’s talk a bit about you & your productions and what is the secret behind your success ?

I am a House music producer, songwriter, musician and vocalist.  Born and raised in Hollywood, CA… I've been told I have quite the distinctive vocal style which defines my signature sound as an artist. My work for major and independent record labels include production and Dance Club Remixes for Paulina Rubio (Universal Records), Whitney Houston, Erykah Badu, Forest For The Trees, Thea Austin and many more! I have recorded and toured internationally as a Percussionist with major label artists. My recording studio is my sanctuary :D

 

Love Music : What are you working on now ?

Excited about a new classic, kind of 90s sounding, Deep House track I just finished up that is fused with contemporary vibes. This is will be my second release of 2017.

 

Love Music : Please tell us more about your track, “Grinding' It Up”?

“Grinding' It Up” is a high energy, fun House track with driving percussion and soulful vocals. This is my first release of 2017 which hits all digital music stores & streaming music platforms on March 13, 2017!

 

Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as a female House Music Producer?

The constant evolution of expressing myself through music is sacred and is what motivates me to be alive and keep pushing forward as an artist.

 

Love Music : If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?

Although I have traveled to Ibiza and most cities through-out Europe many times, I have not yet DJ'd there.. Looking forward to this in the near future!


 

Love Music : Who are your musical inspirations ?

Grace Jones :-)   Too many brilliant House Music producers / DJs who's work I admire! To name just a few: Sebb Junior, Soledrifter, Miguel Migs, Hoxton Whores, Sam Divine…


 

Love Music :At what point did you decide to become an DJ or Vocalist ?

I have been a musician and songwriter all of my life. Started very young as my father is a musician. He had me playing simple drum beats at 4 years of age!
I began learning to play guitar, programming drum machines, synths and writing songs at around 14 years old!  Discovered my inner inventiveness and creativity composing original music early on!

 

Love Music : Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional musician ?

Stay strong and focused as it takes tremendous perseverance and steady persistence to break through. Treat your music career like a business. Self discipline is just as important as the innovative side / creative process.
Timing is everything! Remain dedicated so you are present when the window of opportunity opens up!

 

Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time ?

There is a special freedom and relaxation I find in being on a Yacht in the ocean. Love boats!

 

Love Music : Are you active on social media? what’s the best way to follow you ?

Yes! @issa_music on Instagram and Twitter . Facebook is @IssaMusicPage
Please, also visit my website:   www.issamusic.net





0 comments:

Post a Comment