Monday 6 February 2017

" Kool Kidd Dre " talks about his new project "Anomaly"

DeAndre Jurell Pulliam, "Kool Kidd Dre", is an up and coming lyricist from New York set out to conquer the rap world. The Rapper/Songwriter was born in Mt. Vernon, NY in October of '93. With his father in jail before he was born, DeAndre was raised by his mother and step-father. Dre, in a natural talent, discovered his passion for music after witnessing both his stepfather and uncle pursue rap professionally After losing his mother to breast cancer when he was 13, he moved to North Carolina with his little brother and stepfather. When Dre graduated from high school in 2011, he decided to move back to New York and focus on his career. He has released 3 mixtapes with the latest "The Kool Tape 2". He has performed throughout the east coast with the most notable being SXSW in Texas and Webster Hall in NYC opening for artist such as Trina, Lil Durk, and Twista.With his ability to create profound autobiographical lyrics and tell a story through both production and lyrics, Kool Kidd Dre is determined to share his bright yet profound perspective of the life we live.  


Love Music : How was 2016 for you as an artist?

Prior to 2016, I felt like I was wildly just trying anything with no clear plan other than to be famous. I learned a lot from those experiences and was able to make 2016 the most productive year for me as an artist. Performing at SXSW, having my music on Pandora, opening for artist like Trina and Twista was amazing.

Love Music : What is "Dream Of Nevers"?

"Dream of Nevers"is the intro track that will set the tone for my new project "Anomaly". I feel like in my music I've talked around my relationship issues in an entertaining way, so with this project I want to face my feelings head on with my listeners. I'm dropping it on Valentines Day because it may help men find the words to say and women words they want to hear on a day for lovers.

Love Music : Other than feelings, what will make "Anomaly" different than your previous work?

With "Anomaly" I've been able to create a sonic story that listeners will enjoy as much as the music. In life I'm usually "Playing It Kool", but I'm letting all of that go and showing how it all goes wrong and right at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment