Monday 11 February 2019

Interview with Rick Habana

Love Music : We've been hearing a lot about you & your work, so we notice you're starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

It's a new experience for me because I have mainly been behind the scenes making music for TV so to jump into the public eye with my music has been fun listening to peoples feedback and thoughts. 


Love Music : Can you please tell our readers about your song "Coast"?

My song "Coast" was inspired by my travels in 2018. I wanted to produce a feel good song about enjoying life and having a good time, It was written by Kahlil who is an amazing singer/songwriter. The song has a blend of Funk, R&B, and Smooth Jazz with lots of live instruments from Sax, Guitar and bass.


Love Music : Any upcoming composition ?

Yes, there are a few tracks that I would like to release this year that have been completed. I've had the chance to work with many musicians from around the world on these upcoming songs and really look forward to getting feedback on them.


Love Music : Please tell us more about your production style ? 

My production style varies in many different genres. Working on music for TV has really helped me broaden my production because the briefs that come in to me are usually all different from Pop, Dance, Hip Hop to EDM. But when it comes to my personal music that I will be releasing, I am looking to give Smooth Jazz an updated feel to not only capture the current Smooth Jazz listener but also target a younger crowd.


Love Music : Who are your inspirations?

Over the years I have been inspired by many Jazz musicians (to many to name). Boney James I guess would be the more obvious one but I also am inspired by all types of music from Draft Punk, Satin Jackets, Bruno Mars, Tuxedo just to name a few.


Love Music : Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional Music Producer?

Learn an instrument or work with live musicians. It will make you a much better producer and your music will stand out. Especially in the world of Music Licensing. Don't just copy and paste loops either, having an original sound is huge, Just my opinion. Oh and quality mixing and mastering is big,even if you need to pay someone to do it for you.


Love Music : Have you set some goals to achieve ? 

I would love to land an American Film, I have been lucky to be involved with a couple foreign films and work with a lot of international TV programs, but ya, a goal is to land a film placement in Hollywood, that would be awesome!


Love Music : If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?

Were ever the people will have me, I am opened to the world.


Love Music : Please share with us your proudest moments ?

Having my music on TV has always been really cool for me.


Love Music : Are you active on social media?

Yes, I am on Spotify (Rick Habana), Instagram (rickhabana), SoundCloud (Rick Habana Music) and YouTube (Rick Habana).

Website: http://rickhabanamusic.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment