Sunday 24 February 2019

Interview with pop singer Young $ol

Love Music : we’ve seen that you’re starting to gain some traction in the industry, how does it feel?

It feels pretty surreal ; there’s so many people who want to be an artist in the music game and I’m just humbled by the opportunities that I’ve been blessed with. 


Love Music : Can you please tell our readers about your tracks ‘Ringtones’ and ‘I Think About You’?

Ringtones is a track that my boy DanAnthony from Birmingham, United Kingdom had wrote a while back. He said he had been sitting on it for a year and couldn’t quite find the “magic” he needed to make it special. So, he sent me the track via email and needed someone to sing the hook that he had wrote. I recorded what he needed and the rest is history. I wrote my verse, engineer mixed my vocals and he mastered the track. From my perspective, Ringtones is about trying to get in contact with the person you love but they don’t pick up your calls anymore. Being all in your feelings because of everything you’ve been through with that person and now it’s just a lost connection. From my featured artist DanAnthony perspective , the song captures the struggles of being into someone who’s not completely into you. Convincing yourself that everything is fine and that your okay with it but deep down your not.

‘I Think About You’ is a song I wrote for a female that I had feelings for. I had met her at work, caught a vibe but she had plans to move. So I spent the remaining time she was here with her everyday until she left. I had written the song when she was gone and these lyrics were a reflection about how much I missed her and how I wished she was still around. Sadly, things didn’t work out between us but I have no regrets on an influence that help me grow artistically. 


Love Music : Any upcoming projects ?

Probably a couple more singles to come and then after those singles; I’m working on a EP that I hope will make an impression and show my versatility and skills and overall an enjoyable experience for my fans to listen to. 


Love Music : Please tell us more about your singing style ? 

I’ve been singing since I was 4 years old so I’ve learned and studied lots of styles growing up. I’d like to think I’m an r&b voice with capability to take on many styles. 


Love Music : Who are your inspirations?

My personal life inspirations definitely are my Mom and Dad (God rest their souls ) Before they passed, they were both such bosses and I’m just glad to inherit their genes and be their son.

Music wise, I think for me lately has been Russ. Seeing how we did it on his own, and never stayed negative on his dreams and just did the best he could with what he had was a massive impact in my life and honestly gave me the spark to seriously pursue music. 


Love Music : Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional Singer?

Work hard as you can and always stay persistent. Take care of your voice, always have a willing hunger to grow. Find new ways to outdo yourself and always remember why you want to do this. Always stay true to you and don’t let negativity or self doubt push you off track. Believe and make it happen. 


Love Music : Have you set some goals to achieve ? 

I stay persistent on making it in the industry. To grow more and more each time I release content and to grow as an artist and person. My number one goal is to just give everything I do a hundred percent so when I look back I don’t have no regrets or missed opportunities. 


Love Music : If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?

Los Angeles has always been a dream for me to be and perform . I’ve only been there once for a music opportunity and ever since then, I’ve been aiming to be back there.


Love Music : Please share with us your proudest moments ?

One of my proudest moments was definitely being able to take care of my Mother when she got sick. It was a humbling experience that really opened my eyes to how amazing my mom was and to show you that life is short. I am proud that it was not a question to take care of my Mother but only a duty to make her last days the best me and my brother could. That experience taught me to live life to the fullest and to be a good person to everyone. 


Love Music : Are you active on social media?

Yes! My Instagram is @i_am_mayer. I try not to let it be a huge focus in life. There are too many experiences to enjoy in life than to be glued to your cell phone or computer.





0 comments:

Post a Comment