Friday 16 February 2018

DeAndre talks about his new debut EP Favors Ft N.A.P. in candid interview

Love Music : Please tell us about yourself & why you decided to work as singer/songwriter?

Hi, my name is DeAndre, I’m from Boston where I work as a restaurant manager. I’ve always knew that I wanted to become a professional singer songwriter, the decision was made I guess back in Junior High, and now having all the attributes to take my work to a larger audience.

 

Love Music : We been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel? 
It feels amazing, sometimes it feels unreal, but I’ve worked hard towards getting myself where I am now. People start to notice my work and my talent. Online I’m gaining more attention and I’m just grateful for all that. It feels amazing.

 

Love Music : Please tell us more about your new release Debut-Single "Favors (feat N.A.P.) " ?  
My new release Favors is part of the album I’m working on, called Lost In The Details. Favors is about friends, friendships, and meeting new people. To put it in a cliché, some people you meet for a moment, and some for a lifetime. It tells the story about my friends, and new people I meet every day, something people can relate to for sure.

 

Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as a producer? 
The reviews and comment that pour in is my biggest motivator to create my best work as a producer. People are saying nice things about my voice, the tune, the rhythm, the production, etc… and I would not want to disappoint my fans. That is another motivation to do my best as a producer.

 

Love Music : Who are your musical inspirations? 
Household names like Drake, Kayne West, Jay-Z are some that inspire my music, to name a few. My role model and musical inspiration must come from J. Cole for his style, his art, and his talent.

 

Love Music : Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional musician ? 
Yes, I would say, do the leg work and register your work for protection. Put out professional work and present that to as many listeners as possible, and take notes when receiving constructive criticism. Self-promotion and marketing is often overlooked, but a big part to get your work heard.

 

Love Music : What are your future plans ? Your vision for the coming years.  
Short term plans is shooting a music video, establishing my brand DeAndre4Stackz and a merchandise line, and signing young artists for my record label SubCulture Records.

 

Love Music : If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be? 
Anywhere where my work is appreciated. But if I have to choose a place I dream of, that would be Madison Sq.

 

Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?
 

Everybody does need time out, to decompress and reflect on thoughts. My way of doing that is videogames. It’s a way for me to replenish my energy.

 

Love Music : Are you active on social media? what’s the best way to follow you ?
Yes, as an independent artist, I have to stay connected and interact with my fans on various platforms. People can find out more about me on my website www.deandre4stackz.com and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. My handle those platforms is @deandre4stackz or they can do a Google search for deandre4stackz to find the platform they are connected on.
 




0 comments:

Post a Comment