Monday 30 May 2016

A Quick Catch-Up with the Famous Indie Rock Singer-Songwriter, Ed Roman

Love Music recently interviewed an Award-winning singer/songwriter Ed Roman, who is also a performer and multi-instrumentalist from Shelburne, Ontario, Canada.  Blurring the lines between pop, rock, folk, and country music genres, Ed’s uniquely crafted songs have received regular rotation on more than 100 terrestrial radio stations across North America and more than 400 stations, worldwide.  Ed is a 2014 Artists Music Guild Award Nominee, a 2014 International Music and Entertainment Association Award Winner, a two-time 2015 IMEA Award nominee, a 2015 and 2016 Josie Show Awards nominee, an Akademia Awards Winner, and a two-time Indie Music Channel Award winner. Ed has performed at the Red Gorilla Music Fest during SXSW, The Millennium Music Conference, and SS Cape May, and he has toured both New York City and Philly. Recently, this Top 100 MTV.com and #1 Reverbnation artist traveled to Jamaica to deliver much-needed humanitarian aid to the island, while shooting the music video for “Jamaica.”

Check out the interview :

  

Love Music : Let's talk a bit about your music and what is the secret behind your success ?

Ed :
 

Music is everything to me and has always been. The secret to my success is I'm not trying to be something I'm not. There've been so many artists that we are all influenced by but we will never be them. We can only be ourselves. This is one of the hardest things and yet at the same time the easiest thing to do. The continual perpetuation and belief in yourself is crucial. There maybe times you feel like giving up but you can't because there's a reason why you're doing this. Art is reactionary and we make it because we have to.


Love Music : What hidden talents do you have?

Ed  :
 

I like talking in different accents and strange voices and it's something I've always done to entertain family and friends or even myself on long-distance journeys. Always levity. Even in the darkest circumstances you can find a little bit of humor and this is what keeps me going as a person. I’d always love to do a cartoon voice over for a cartoon character if the need should arise. It's a little hidden dream of mine.


Love Music : How do you feel when you are nominated for Awards ? And when you win an Award ?

Ed :
 

Winning awards is a wonderful feeling and receiving acclamations is very important. We artisans  do not always reap incredible financial materialistic rewards, so being recognized through music guilds and organizations is very important. 


Love Music : Did you choose the music industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

Ed :
 

I really chose it is a form of self torture. Lol.
As I said music is my life and it encompasses a multitude of aspects in my existence. Long before I decided to try to make it a career I have always created music as a form of retrospective self help that has saved me from a multitude of moral conundrum's.


Love Music : What's your fav. song and why?

Ed :  

Music is geared towards emotion. If I'm having a bad day I may want to play something extremely aggressive. If I'm feeling love and I am enamoured in the moment, I may play something beautiful and sweet telling you terrible things. It's very hard for me to answer that kind of question because as people we are not supposed to be emotionally driven by one source.. That would be like eating hotdogs for the rest of your life.

 
Love Music : Do you set goals for yourself and how do you do that?

Ed  :
 

Lately I've been trying to set a goal of not putting so much pressure on myself and worrying about every aspect of what goes on in my projects. I relinquished an incredible amount of responsibility to people that I trust and that are more than capable of servicing the songs requirements. When I do this things seem to flow that much easier. The goal is not to be such a control freak yet at the same time be a better captain..
 
Love Music : Tell us about your latest achievements ?

Ed :
 

I've most recently been awarded three Josie Music Award nominations out of Nashville and it's incredible to be recognized for more of the work that I've done. Also I’m on the precipice of releasing my new album RED OMEN. It's wonderful that these albums are being picked up by licensing and distribution all over Europe and  the United States..


Love Music : What do you find most inspires you to do that work?

Ed :
 

We as human beings are emotional barometers. We are continually being pressurized and decompressed by multitude of moments. This fluctuation is the catalyst for much of the artwork that exists in this world. I am continually being moved by these experiences and how they change me and make me stronger and hopefully a better animal..


Love Music : Any tip would you give to other musicians?

Ed : 

Work hard in practice your craft. Don't compromise the integrity of your emotional principles. Learn from others but don't be close minded when it comes to change. Always be yourself.


Love Music : How can people find you and follow you online?

Ed :

First off thank you so kindly for having me today and it was a pleasure to speak with you. You can always get a hold of me at www.edroman.net. There you can get a hold of my social networking buttons as well as articles, shows, tour dates, videos and photography.

The OMEN is RED.  

 

Ed Roman

@SpecialEdRoman

 

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/artist/ed-roman/id311621464


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment