Sunday 5 May 2019

Interview with D.Tech

Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

I’m a dedicated hip-hop music artist that lives and breathes music. Music is such an important aspect of my life that I couldn’t live without it. I have been creating music since the age of 12 and haven’t stopped since. The fact that I was born and raised in Miami, I have been exposed to different styles of music along with cultures that I wouldn’t think in my life I would connect with. In terms of my education, I changed my major many times in college but ended up graduating with a bachelor’s in marketing. If I had a chance to go back, I probably would have gone to an Arts college to pursue music even more. This year I am finally taking the step in promoting myself and my music to the world. It’s a huge step in my growth and my success.


Love Music : Any upcoming song?

My next song will be from my group project, Peace of Mind. Peace of Mind consist of me and two close friends of mine that have joined together in creating more great music. We’re a small collective that believe in creating the best music we possibly can. We promote good vibes, positivity, and equality.


Love Music : Can you please tell us more about your producing work? 

Back when I was a child, I was immediately gravitated by hip-hop’s raw expression and catchy beats. I started making beats in my bedroom not knowing what I was doing but I had an extreme desire to learn and get better. Mind you, this was before the advent of YouTube so accessing a quick video tutorial to learn how to do something wasn’t an option. It took me sheer hard work, perseverance, and years of dedication to get to the skill level I am today.


Love Music : Nice, and what's the response you got from fans about your beats? 

When I first started making beats it wasn’t the greatest thing in the world, so I got a lot of bad feedback initially. Comparing the beats I am making now to back then, my fans really enjoy the beats I produce and give me nothing but good feedback. There is the occasional hater here and there but it’s something you learn to tune out. My fans keep giving me support to continue my craft.


Love Music : What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ? 

Working with like-minded individuals who are skilled as you are. For a long time, I have met many musicians that either weren’t on the same page or didn’t have the skill level I had. Once you finally meet the group of people that you can really click with, everything becomes more exciting. 


Love Music : Awesome, What’s your goal in life you want to achieve next? 

My next goal that I am working on is to start performing more at local shows. I have been reluctant since I have started making music to perform on stage, but now I believe I am ready to make my appearance in front of crowds. I’m so used to working behind the scenes that it’s going to be a huge change for me.


Love Music : Great, what motivates you to do your best work as a Founder of " Peace of Mind " ?

To change the lives of my close friends. We have been through our own struggles and faced our inner demons, but we always stick with each other to prevail. I only want to produce the best to manifest a better future for myself and the people around me.


Love Music : Did you choose this industry, as a career, or as a hobby?

When I finished high school I felt like I chose it as a career due to the long hours I put into my music. I only got paid a very small amount for the beats I made for local musicians, but it wasn’t substantial to live on your own. Right now, it has turned into a hobby but eventually will be my career. 


Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

In my free time, I browse and discover other people’s music to see if I can either get inspiration or a collaboration with them.


Love Music : How can people find you and follow you online?

You can find me at soundcloud.com/dtechmiami
Or follow me on IG: @dtechmiami



0 comments:

Post a Comment