Friday 14 July 2017

Interview With No Last Chances

Love Music : Let’s talk a bit about you & your music and what is the secret behind your success ?
 

Having a severe passion for music. It's what I love doing, so I never have to make myself sit down and do it. I find myself losing hours in the day just playing or singing away. That's sort of the secret I guess, doing something that I love and have a passion for. If I didn't love music the way I do then I would never have achieved some of my goals in the short time that I have. My music is very hard to talk about, or at least to describe myself. Others have described my music as rap, classical guitar, rock, metal screamo, hard core, Jazz. I get a lot of people telling me I sound like this, or that. That makes it very hard to define yourself, when no one else can define you ether.

 


Love Music : What are you working on now ?
 

I just finished recording my last album " A Step In The Right Direction " a month or so ago and I'm already back in the studio recording some new material. Though these are cover songs. I'll be doing a rock reimagining of "Imagine Dragons thunder" first and the rest are secrets for now. though I hope to do a week by week release for a month, challenge myself and see if I can do it.

 


Love Music : Please tell us more about, " A Step In The Right Direction " ?
 

This album is a serious step up from my last album as I have gone through a change in musical style, musical influences and have evolved my sound to how I wanted it to be from my first single more than 3 years ago. In similar style to my last album though, each song contains an issue I had gone through, though have had many life changing events happen to me in the time of writing and recording which influenced to this albums sound. I hope that everyone listening to my album can take something positive away from it, whether it be what not to do in their life, how to overcome an issue i faced myself or just something to listen to get them out of a negative mind frame to make a "A Step In The Right Direction".

 


Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work ?
 

Getting the see then end result and have it turn out exactly how I had it in my head, sometimes the end result exceeds anything I could of possibly imagined. That's my motivation to keep doing this after so many years. That and hearing how fans react to my songs, what they take away from it. Sometimes the biggest compliment you can get isn't that your song is great but that it helped someone get through a difficult time.

 


Love Music : If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?
 

Right now, Warped tour over in America.

 


Love Music : Who are your musical inspirations ?
 

I get this question a lot, and I always feel my answer is weird. I love bands like Issues, Memphis may fire, Attila, but more for their attitudes then their music. The love their fans, they respect them and some of these people go out of their way to help and engage with fane. This is something I admire and aspire to be able to do myself.

 


Love Music : Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional musician?
 

If you love it and have a passion for it, just go out and do it. People will be able to hear you passion through your music, even if its recorded in your garage for $10, the passions you put into it will show and people will respect that. I was in that position myself when I started and I've grown exponentially form that point. It will take a lot of money, time and effort form you but if you really love it, it will be the best thing you do.

 


Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time ?
 

I have very bad time management. As I do this I am ruining on 4-5 hours sleep a day, working full time, recording, writing, performing, interacting with fans across the globe. It takes a lot to be able to balance everything, but amongst all this craziness, I enjoy just going for a coffee or chilling with my friends. Time to just laugh, talk crap and do nothing can be the best way to unwind personally. 

 


Love Music : Are you active on social media? what’s the best way to follow you ?
 

yea, I have a lot of social medias that you can reach me on and I always respond to people so hit me up, I'm on Facebook, Instagram, twitter and of course you can find me on YouTube, Spotify, Apple music etc.







0 comments:

Post a Comment