Thursday 20 July 2017

Interview with Francesco Digilio


Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education etc. ??
Francesco Digilio, pianist, arranger and record producer, is active on the Italian and international music scene. Francesco Digilio boasts several collaborations and recordings with established artists such as Fred Bongusto, Lino Patruno, Franco Nero, Vittorio Storaro, Joseph Cionfoli, Stefano Masciarelli, Virginia Raffaele, Bobby Solo, Tony Esposito, Mariano Apicella, Sammy Barbot, Franco Fasano, Silvia Mezzanotte, Renzo Arbore, Claudio Lippi, Alan Sorrenti, Andrea Mingardi, and many others. He  provide synchronization and musical services for radio and television networks such as the Italian State Television (RAI), Mediaset, SKY, LA7, and others. Sifare, besides publishing music (printing, marketing , public relations, distribution), also produces soundtracks for films and jingles, including advanced audio post production using its own professional recording studio equipped with a system for listening in Dolby Surround 5.1. The Sifare Editions Publishing, with over 10,000 titles in the catalog, is geared towards high end music, ranging from classical to jazz, pop to chill out lounge, Ibiza Cafe del Mar, with promotion, distribution, and sale of its catalog around 100 online stores. Francesco Digilio currently receives support from many internet radios connected to online stores, with over 1.000.000 monthly streams and is also listed in the top 10 in the category "Smooth Jazz "on Spotify, Deezer, Yandex and www.sifare.it

 


Love Music : We been hearing a lot about you and your smooth jazz, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

My smooth jazz adventure has officially taken off since 2011. When I was on holiday in a spa resort, I was positively abducted by these smooth sounds, so I was asked why not try to write music in that way?

So a sort of personal challenge !!!

And I must say with a pinch of pride that I have succeeded.


 

Love Music : Please tell us about your album "The Shades Of Smooth Jazz"?

I have tried in this album to pass on these soft sounds especially listeners not jazz technicians, but casual listeners, to serve as a goal and mission!

 "The Shades Of Smooth Jazz" sees the

Extraordinary participation of saxophonist

And flutist Eric Daniel (who boasts

Artistic collaborations with Steve

Wonder, Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald),

Who interpreted with mastery ed

Elegance all 11 tracks of my album,


 


Love Music : What kind of response you have received from your album "The Shades Of Smooth Jazz" ?

Now the data is said to be listening, on spotify we are in the charts, and especially my playlist ended up being among the top 50 in the united states.


 

Love Music : What has been one of the most exciting achievements of your career so far ?

Smiling as I say, I live above the present, so I would say this in particular.


 

Love Music : Apart from music what are your other activities?

I live with music, almost every day at my recording studio we engage with smooth jazz and bossa nova necklaces, which are among my favorite as genres.


 

Love Music : Who are your musical inspirations ?

The inspiration I usually find at night, looking at the stars, looking at the sea, sunrise, sunset, nature above all.


 

Love Music : What are your future plans ? Your vision for the coming years. 

My next music challenge will be rearranging a 30 tracks that have characterized the history of the 70s / 80s in smooth jazz style and I'm already working on it soon you will hear it.


 

Love Music : Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional musician?

The advice I can give to those who want to undertake this magical activity is one: believe it to the full.


 

Love Music : Are you active on social media? what’s the best way to follow you ?
Social media is not the first place for me but with my teem we've been working for months, you can definitely follow me on spotify, which has become the new pillar of digital music.



Here you can listen the album :

The Shades Of Smooth Jazz
https://open.spotify.com/album/7uEdwOO5nLeXzlyXbPxbfh


Smooth Jazz by Francesco Digilio
https://open.spotify.com/user/francescodigilio/


playlist / 1LCcGqHXN1G7jp4cLHagSb








0 comments:

Post a Comment