Tuesday 11 July 2017

Interview with LONESCAR Band

Love Music :  Let’s talk a bit about Lonescar & your music and what is the secret behind your band success ?
 

Mike : 

We’ve been around since 2013 but haven’t been able to go at the pace we want because Michael was off in San Antionio four hours away in college. He graduated last year, and with the year he’s had back with us, we managed to get an EP wrapped up and ready to unleash. I would say that a lot of the success we have gained is due to strategy. Some bands get started with no goal other than to “make it,” without so much as a clear understanding of the current state of the music industry. It’s safe to say these days that a band needs to operate as a small business. The ideal band should be able to produce original content without having to oursource (too much), engage with followers on a regular basis, throw their own productions and set up tours – there’s more, but I’ll spare readers the music marketing course. We work hard to set short term goals and realize them so that they can add up to our overarching goal of “making it”; becoming a professional touring act.

 


Love Music :  Can you please tell our readers more about the band members and their role in the band ?
 

Mike : 

Brian handles all of the lyrics, occaisonally we’ll pitch in some ideas but he does a good job holding it down there. Michael is the sole guitarist in the band now and he’s really going through a ton of riffs as of late, so we’re all expecting some newly composed tracks coming soon. J.C. is a drumming force of nature. Michael will put together the music and J.C. comes in with the right beat to make the songs shine. I write my bass parts after the guitar is set, I try to plan the rhythm so that it supports the both the drums and guitar but also has some stand out moments when appropriate.
Outside of the music, Brian did a great job setting up the last quick string of shows we had across the state, so I feel confident is his ability to maintain that network. J.C. is an incredible welder and he’s currently in charge of some top secret Lonescar production work – we’ll debut that soon enough. Michael and I work together to plan out social media content and ideas for graphics or videos, which I put together. We’ve developed a solid system and I’m confident in this line up.

 


Love Music :  Please tell us more about your new EP " More Chingon Than Before "?
 

Michael : 
I believe that it captures a moment in time when Lonescar is branching out to find their sound. It does have a little bit of everything, such as the thrashy banger “Nose in Corruption” to “5053”, which kind of flirts with melodic death metal. We experimented with samples, clean vocals, clean guitars, and tried to draw inspiration from many musical genres. I feel like it’s an excellent precursor of what’s to come in the near future.
 

Brian : 
I feel this is the closest to the actual “LONESCAR SOUND” that we keep constantly trying to perfect. I am very proud of these songs, and can’t wait for everyone to hear it. Also it’s the first time I attempt clean vocals so let’s see how that goes.

 


Love Music :  Who are your musical inspirations ?
 

Brian :
Way too many, but the big 3 would have to Lennon, Morrissey, and Anselmo.
 

Michael : 
A lot of my inspirations are cliché, and I’m not going to be “that guy” that tries to sound cool by name dropping obscure artists and genres. But as a guitarist, I’d say my top 3 influences are Dimebag Darrell, Marty Friedman, and Jimmy Page. They each have their own quality that I try to incorporate in my playing. From Dimebag’s chicken fried shredding and riffage, to Marty’s exotic weirdness, and Jimmy Page is just a god.

J.C.: 

All the drummers out there living the type of life I want, making a living playing drums and all the great musicians they get to work with.
 

Mike : 
Off the top of my head, I’d have to say Peter Steele, David Bowie and JacoPastorius.

 


Love Music :  If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?
 

Michael : 
I would have to say the Alamodome. It can’t get any more Texan that. It’s a huge arena in the heart of San Antonio, Texas where acts like Metallica and George Strait have played. I’ve been to a few shows there, and every single one was electrifying.
 

J.C. :
THE COLISEUM!!!! MOST METAL VENUE EVER!
 

Brian: 
Probably the Chichen Itza or Teotihuacan ruins in Mexico, they look metal as fuck. Put a band up there, I bet we would make contact with some other space friends.
 

Mike : 
I want to headline a sold out show at Madison Square Garden. I don’t know why that venue means something to me, but I know that I want Lonescar there.

Love Music :  Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional musician?
 


J.C.:
Make sure you’re the type of person that is built with purpose and knows them self well to make that decision because you may have to give up everything else to achieve that goal.

 

Brian: 
Just keep at it, constantly try to find the next YOU. Dream as much as you can, whenever you can. Dream insanely big because even if you don’t get to where you want to be, you’ll get to the level right under there and that’s still pretty good.


 

Love Music :  Have you set some goals to achieve as a heavy metal band?
 

Michael : 

We have set a few short term goals for the band, such as going on our own small tours, production stuff, and just hashing out new music. These goals are of course catering to the long term goal of being signed, professional musicians that get paid for working our craft.

 


Love Music :  Are you active on social media? what’s the best way to follow you ?
 

Michael : 

We are extremely active on social media. That’s where we get the majority of our buzz from. We try to be creative with our content by creating hilarious promo videos and engage with our fans as much as possible. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, and Tinder.







0 comments:

Post a Comment