Sunday 8 April 2018

Interview with Derric Gobourne Jr.

Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education, music passion etc. ??

I'm a 19 year old New Jack Swing Artist. I'm a singer, songwriter, dancer, rapper and producer. I started performing at the age of 5 after seeing Mihael Jackson's "Thriller" video.


Love Music : We been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

I'm just very humbled that people dig the music. I only have two singles out from the album right now. To see the reception of those two singles is amazing. People have doubted me so many times, so it just feels really nice.


Love Music : Please tell us more about your upcoming project? 

The album is called "Supremacy". The album is supposed to be out in June. 14 original songs all written, produced and arranged by me. We got some amazing features on the album from Breeze2YaKnees, MC Knowledge ect. That's all i can say right now.


Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work as a rapper?

I just try to be original as possible. There's really no method to it. I let the song tell me what to do, and the rest i just put on wax.


Love Music : What is the best and worst thing about being a dancer?

The best thing about being a dancer is how you can make other people have fun. Me and my friends, everywhere we go we're always dancing and we turn every place into a party. People are smiling. laughing, having a really good time. And some of them even dance with us. The worst thing would have to be always being watched or always being asked to dance. Sometimes i just wanna watch other people dance, or sometimes i don't wanna dance at all. When you're out a club people would raher watch you dance than actually dance themselves, and they want to dance ALL NIGHT.


Love Music : Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to be a professional singer?

TRUST YOUR IDEAS!! Create what makes you happy! Don't worry about others. Some will dig you, some will not. That's life.


Love Music : What are your future plans as a songwriter? Your vision for the coming years. 

I want to be a well-known great writer like Babyface. I want to be the guy everybody goes to when they need hits. You, know i would really like to show my versatility in music. I want to write and produce for all genres and styles of music.


Love Music : If you could perform anywhere, in the world, where would it have to be?

Wembly Stadium in London. I've always dreamed about seeing my name in lights there saying "DERRIC GOBOURNE JR! TONIGHT! SOLD OUT!"


Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

I study. HARD! Dance, Lyrcism, Musicianship, Production, Rhythm, Chord Progressions, Stories, Careers. EVERYTHING.


Love Music : Are you active on social media? what’s the best way to follow you ?

Facebook: Derric Gobourne Jr.
Instagram: derricgobournejr
Soundcloud: Derric Gobourne Jr.
Youtube: Derric Gobourne Jr. Music
Snapchat: luciddreams04






1 comment:

  1. Outstanding artist they don’t come along very often.

    ReplyDelete