Monday 16 April 2018

Interview with Kathy Appello - An Italian-American Poet & Songwriter

Love Music : Tell us a little bit about yourself. Your background, education etc. ??

I am an Italian-American poet and songwriter, only child, parents divorced when I was young, and have been writing as far back as I Can remember.  I have done a number of immature nights and poetry readings, taught ESL for 15 years before fibromyalgia hit me hard and I had to adjust my life quite a lot, and the journey of being an artist and blogger/motivational coach began.


Love Music : We been hearing a lot about you, so we notice your starting to gain a lot of attention how does it feel?

I don't mind as long as the main attention is centered around the actual music, poetry, my blog, the actual works I produce.


Love Music : What are your goals as a poet?

The same as those I have as a songwriter and blogger, to help people be inspired, empowered, have faith, reflect a bit on life, life's journey, hopefully it helps the in their journey through life, to see that no matter what life throws at you, you can lift yourself up.


Love Music : At what point did you decided to become an songwriter?

I have always done both poetry and songwriting, but the leaning towards song wring a bit more came after I did an immature night at Le Bar Bat years ago and sang two songs, for a standing ovations, some people had teary eyes and some followed me to the ladies room even guys to tell me how much they enjoyed the songs, how they could relate.






Love Music : Any up coming plans as a songwriter ?

There is a poet I have come across whose works I would love to turn into song or sing as is free style and I have contacted her about that, am waiting a reply.  I also hope to do more forks in Italian and some in Spanish as well.  I hope to also this year do a live show, perhaps for the holiday season.


Love Music : Do you have any hidden talents ?

I do some accents, British, Southern U.S. and I do have a blog as well that dishes out some tough love at times, and I did get training a number of years ago in hypnotherapy.


Love Music : Everybody needs time out. What do you do in your free time?

I like cultural events, listening to music, and if the weather is nice, being outside in one of the nearby park areas, or small plazas we have down in the financial district, sit and have my mini recorder with me, listen to meditative music and if I get inspired to write, well out come pen and pater.


Love Music : Five things you can't live without ?

faith, music, a good friend or two,tablet or kindle for some reading and my glasses 


Love Music : Where do you see yourself in five to 10 years time ?

Reaping the fruits of my endeavors as a spoken word artist, songwriter, blogger/coach, having impacted lives in very positive and tangible ways.


Love Music : Are you active on social media? 

Twitter and FB though I must warn I am not politically correct and often not very diplomatic in saying what I have to say.




0 comments:

Post a Comment